May I have this dance..? [3/3 END~]

• Dedicated to To everyone who read, liked, and/or voted for this story! ^-^

'One day, you'll find the person you love, she'll be your whole world, and you'll give your heart to her. With your heart comes everything."

He wanted her to be that person, the person he gave his heart and world to. She wanted to be that person, the person who received his heart and world. But things never happen the way one wants it to, for fate, parents, and distrust, are always around to interfere and tear them apart.

And he could only watch as she slipped from his grasp.

~.~.~.~

5th December; 07:00

A blink of the eye, and life had danced past them. Autumn had departed from the lands, and along with it left the cooling breezes and fiery scenes. Winter had come and graced the lands, and along with it came flakes of white and wind of ice.

A shiver seized her spine at the frigid cold, the iciness that vanished when a cup of steaming hot cappuccino was placed in her ungloved hands.

"Thank you," she breathed quietly, raising a puff of white mist, and lifted the container to her lips for a quick sip. Lips parted for a sigh of content as the warmth of the dark liquid spread through her body.

"Why aren't you wearing gloves, Princess?" he questioned, taking one of her hands in his.

Amarith rolled her eyes. "I hate gloves...Drop the title, won't you?"

Vincent merely chuckled and reached for her bag. "What do you think will come today?" was the question while he walked her to her locker.

Over the past weeks, the gifts from her anonymous admirer had continued coming in. The mornings were a simple present, different each time, while lunch came with one similar to the morning's, only better, prettier, and clearly more expensive.

A book of Romeo and Juliet was followed by a collection of Shakespeare's renowned works. After a plain musical box came one with many songs and a spinning couple dressed in ball gown and tuxedo. She had found the hint a little too obvious, for the girl had the same colored hair as her. Upon receiving a single soft toy, she ended up facing a zoo of plush animals.

Though she had tried going to school the moment the gates swung open, leaving only when they closed, and spending every free moment she had in the locker room, she had caught neither head nor tail of her admirer. However, she was confident it was not Vincent, Eve or Ren, for the gifts appeared even when they left the school for dance clubs together late at night.

Shoulders pulled into a quick shrug. "We'll see soon, no?"

5th December; 07:15

Sorano-san,

No rose can compare to your beauty.

Your secret admirer

"He's running out of ideas. This is cliché," Amarith laughed softly. Yet, when she stood on tiptoes to peek at the top of her locker, she found nothing. Brows furrowed with incomprehension. Where was her rose? She turned with a low sigh, only to find Vincent staring down at her with an indecipherable mien. "Vincent?"

Toned frame jerked with a start. "Sorry, I was thinking."

"You were, weren't you?" A teasing smile.

"Quiet, Princess." Her mischievous streak was getting more and more pronounced by the day. "Do you think someone took it?"

"Why the rose and not the other gifts? Some were much better..."