9

Camila's POV:

"I'm sorry, I can't drive you to school tomorrow." I say to Sky through the phone.

Lauren makes some kind of giggling noise and I widen my eyes as I cover her mouth with my hand. She bites on my hand, though, forcing me to pull away from her. We're both still naked as we lay together on my bed but neither of us mind.

"Why not?" Sky asks. I can feel her sadness through the phone and I almost roll my eyes. I have never realized how clingy she was until I met Lauren. She always wants to be near me and I guess I didn't realize that either because I thought I was in love.

"Because I'm busy. In fact, I'm not coming in tomorrow, I'm not feeling well." I lie. The truth is, Lauren and I wanted to spend the day together tomorrow and we can't do that if we're both at school. We're going to ditch and say we're ill.

"Oh...are you sure you're ill? You don't sound it." She says.

"You don't have to sound ill to be ill! Can we just change the subject?"

"Oh, erm, yeah, sure. I guess I'll have to get the bus then. I hate the bus, it's so stuffy." I roll my eyes and force myself not to say what I'm about to but it comes out anyway.

"I really couldn't care less. Look, I've got to go now so-"

"What's gotten into you?" She demands. I'm taken aback by the sudden change in her voice. "I mean, today you ditched me at lunch and you wouldn't come to the cinema with me, you didn't even text me like you said you would! What kind of girlfriend are you?"

"Excuse me?!" I say. "I've been there for you for two fucking years! When your aunt died, I was there for you, when you're brother left for college, I was there for you. I've been there for you and I've done everything I can to make you happy! What kind of girlfriend are you, questioning me?!" Sky huffs at my response.

"Obviously a better girlfriend than you!" She scoffs.

"How so?" I ask, amused.

"I text you all the time, call you when I can, I wait for you after class and I always make sure you're okay-"

"Don't you see? You're not the perfect girlfriend. You're so clingy and annoying and I hate to say this but you're just not the same person you were when we first met!" I can hear Sky gasp slightly before she says in a harsher tone,

"Fine. If you feel that way then maybe we shouldn't be together anymore."

"Fine. Maybe we shouldn't." I say as I hang up the phone. Talking to Sky has just put me in a frustrated mood. I throw my phone across the room and cross my arms in annoyance. Lauren creases her eyebrows and sits up so she is facing me.

"What's wrong baby?" She asks.

"Nothing. Sky just broke up with me, so I don't have to worry about her anymore..." I sigh. Lauren gasps slightly.

"Really? Why?"

"I told her she's clingy." I shrug as Lauren chuckles.

"You're free now." She says, leaning back down and resting her face against my chest. I wrap my arms around her and hug her close.

"Who would've thought, huh? Me falling for the creepy girl who joined my Biology class."

"You thought I was creepy?" She asks as I laugh.

"Hell, yeah! I didn't know you at all, yet you felt me up in class! You know, someone saw us so don't do it again!" I warn her as she smirks.

"You know you loved it!" She husks as my breath hitches.