Style

A/N: Roughly inspired by Style. As per usual, characters, show, and the song are NOT mine. Taylor pls don't sue me.

July 16, 2015

'Why do people go to war when no one can ever win,' Jade thinks as she stares at the ceiling of Althea's condominium. Althea's beside her, and they've both been quiet for a few minutes. They're lying on the floor, after two hours of negotiations, of attacks and counter-attacks in the form of words. Jade wonders why she isn't bleeding. She and Althea have hurled so many hurtful words towards each other, each word like a knife going through her ribs, each word like a bullet embedding itself inside her. Every word is going to leave a scar, she's sure of that.

She should end this.

Jade straps her last grenade into her body.

She releases the pin, knowing full well that her next words are going to leave a large, gaping hole in her chest.

"This is over. We're over."

Jade knows it. Althea knows it. 

Ten minutes of silence, but the explosion of her words is still ringing in Jade's ear. She can hear Althea's breathing more ragged by the minute. She doesn't dare look at her.

"Leave. Get out of my house."

Jade does.

x

November 19, 2015

Althea was supposed to have a quiet night in. Maybe a movie or two with Miggy. She even bought dog treats for him. She was peacefully waiting in line to take out some pizza when she saw her. Her. Suddenly, there she is, like a ghost from Althea's past life.

Has it only really been four months?

Jade Tanchingco, holding a huge box of pizza and probably texting someone on her phone. She's wearing a coral-colored dress, one which hugs her body in the best way. She remembers Jade wearing it to one of their dates. Feels like a lifetime ago.

Althea's felt her palms sweating, her knees weakening. Maybe she stops breathing, she's not sure. 

She should've just ignored her or turned around. That would've been the smartest thing to do. But her feet and mouth had minds of their own, and they're not very bright minds at that.

"Jade?" 

Jade's coffee brown eyes widen comically upon seeing her. "A-althea?"

"Can we talk?" Althea didn't know what came over her to ask that question. It's as if she wasn't the one speaking.

'God, this is the girl who broke your heart. What the hell are you doing, Althea?'

Because 'talk' is not just 'talk.' Not with them. Not with all this tension boiling between them.

Jade looks uncertain for a minute, but there's a look in her eyes. Hungry. Longing. Anguished.

"Sure."

x

"I hate you, you know that," Althea says breathlessly even as she lets Jade unbutton her jeans and as she lets her own hands travel up Jade's thighs. She peppers kisses on Jade's warm, soft neck. The girl on top of her is pulling off her jeans now, and Althea raises her hips a little to let her.  

"You hate me? Then why did you ask me to... what was it? Talk?" Jade smirks as she successfully divests Althea of her pants.

Jade's hands are all over Althea right now, holding her, touching her the way only she can. "To tell you that I hate you," Althea manages to get out.