6 | White Dragon

"What's going on?" Yoon rubbed his wrists

"What's going on?" Yoon rubbed his wrists. He was still mad the people of the village had locked him in a cage.

"I don't know. The moment they saw the princess, they suddenly changed," Hak answered him.

"I wouldn't say it was about the princess per se..." Yara said, directing her gaze at Yona's red hair.

"Please forgive us for our rudeness earlier," the village chief began speaking. "This place is where lord Hakuryuu, drifted when his duty came to a close, during the time of the legend."

He walked over to a dragon statue and turned back to the group.

"It is our clan's honourable mission to guard the lord, and ensure the bloodline is passed on. That is why we do not allow outsiders to enter this land."

"I get your situation, but what is this?" Hak held Princess Yona firmly in his arms, as he was being surrounded by several white-haired men.

"Red hair."

"Is it real?"

"It's so pretty."

"I'm so grateful to see it."

Yara didn't really get what was special about the princess having red hair. To her, it wasn't all that rare; she even had a friend who stayed in the kingdom of Clarines: Shirayuki.

"It is unusual," spoke up, Yoon. "Do they worship red hair around here or something?"

"The first lord hakuryuu was in the service of a master who had red hair," answered one clansman.

"The princess has the same red hair as King Hiryuu, and above that, you came to this land through the request of the high priest. It is possible that you are the one we have been waiting for."

"But what if you are wrong?" Yara asked and stepped forward. "What will you do to us then? We do know about your secret location, after all."

The village chief ignored her and proclaimed instead, "please meet our lord Hakuryuu."

"Hey Thunder Beast, you'll protect us, right?" Yara poked Hak on the arm and glanced up at him.

Hak ruffled her hair, making the shorter girl blush, and gave her a rare smile. "I'll do what I have to."

"What makes this 'Lord Hakuryuu' so special?" asked Yoon. "All the people of this village are descendants of Hakuryuu, right?"

"It is true that we are all descendants of the white dragon; however, there is only one person who possesses the power of the dragon in their right hand."

After the long walk, they've just done through the mountains; they were all tired. So now they were all loitering around the village and relaxing.

Then, a man that seemed to be 'Lord Hakuryuu' came strolling over to them, and minutes after he stepped in front of Yona and then collapsed to the ground.

Ten minutes later, he woke up and looked up at the princess who had laid his head on her lap. He sat up and stared in awe at her. Then he bowed low on the ground and said, "I am the person who has inherited the blood of the dragon from ancient times. I have been waiting for you, my master."

Yara stifled a laugh and Hak elbowed her in the side. "Ouch." She poked her tongue out at the Thunder Beast...

After a while of people exclaiming, 'congratulations' and 'our king has finally arrived', Hakuryuu inquired, "if I may ask, what is your name?"

"Yona."

"Lady Yona." He smiled. Wow, he's beautiful...

"I'm not your king or your master," she said matter-of-factly "I require the power of the Gods to protect myself and my friends. I'm being a wicked person."

"Wait, be quiet about that!" warned Yoon.

"I'm travelling to take hold of the other three dragons too," Yona continued."First off, I want to borrow your power. May I?"

"It would be my greatest honour."

They have required the power of the white dragon.

Now onto the Blue Dragon...