Chapter 1

"He's running down the court! He has the ball! He cannot be stopped, he dunks it! Seth Lansing dunks it! Seth Lansing with the spectacular dunk everyone! Kentucky is stunned, Michigan State wins the championship. I cannot believe it Michigan State is our championship this year everyone. Seth Lansing what a-" The announcer was saying before he was brought to an abrupt end, the tv got cut off.

            I was so pissed and I knew exactly who did it. I turned around and there was Seth with the remote in his hand. "Seth come on! This was such a good game!" I whined. "Go to bed Keira. I don't care if it's the last day of school." Seth demanded as he was practicing his ball handling skills.

               Seth and I are half siblings, we have the same dad but different moms. Seth and his mother don't get along, never had and never will. They haven't talked in 7 years and by the sound of it, Seth's mom doesn't care. It sucks that she's missing out on such a great son. My mom basically raised Seth, she wanted to adopt him. She loved him unconditionally like she did me. Now dad is remarried and living in Chicago to his new wife, Lacey and their 3 year old daughter, London.

            After Michigan State won the championship, like most great players, Seth declared for the NBA Draft and he was the first pick in the draft and is the starting point guard for the Phoenix Suns.

           I loved living in Chicago, the vibe, the people, the food, it was perfect, well except Lacey, but still it was great. Sadly over the years the violence over took the city. Seth and I both witnessed people close to us dying right in front of us. Luckily Seth got to graduate and escape, but Dad didn't want me going to high school in the city, so I ended up moving with Seth to Phoenix.

            Four years and here I am about to  graduate from high school.  Sports is everywhere in my family. I've met some of the best athletes and got to watch my dad interview them for ESPN. So I decided to become a athletic trainer, at University of Miami, over the years Miami has become one of the best universities to study athletic training. Going to University of Miami was tough, I was going to Michigan State and was gonna ball there and be the best player in the women's basketball, but every since my injury, I just wanted to go a different route and Miami gave me an academic scholarship.

              For years, Miami has always been a football powerhouse, Some of the best football players, other than my dad, went there and got championships for Miami. Now they want to be capable to win championship in basketball. These last seasons, Miami has been good, but not good to handle Florida, Duke or Michigan State, but now everything's different for them since they signed Trey Carruth.

         "Keira! Go to bed!" Seth yelled from his bedroom. How did he know I was still awake?

          Today was the last day for seniors and I was relieved, I just wanted to leave, go to Miami, but I have to wait graduation on Sunday for it to be official. I drove to school, blasting my music in my convertible, letting my hair blow in the wind, not giving a care in the world. I mean this is my last day, so I should have some fun.

          Like usual all the basketball players were surrounding my car as I pulled in. I'm not gonna lie, some of them are really cute, but they seem so clingy, and I hate clingy people.

           In general, some of talk to me because hands down I'm the prettiest girl in school, and then the others like me because of Seth and they plan on using me to get to him.

          "Hey Keira, aren't you sexy for this last day of school?" One of them said, laughing with his friends. Like the usual, I just ignored him, he such an asshole.