Chapter 2 "A secret in danger"

'I knew it was only a dream but it still scared me, they were searching me like they do every month at that same time, usually i use a spell to hide my pendant but on this day it didn't work and they find my pendant' I scream so loud that i wake myself up. I take some time to gather myself before I wake up to the sounds of my alarm, i look at the clock, it was 8:30am my classes started at 9:00am; I bring myself to finally get out of bed I go to my closet and change into my typical Aqua tee-shirt, light blue jeans and knee high brown boots, I got to the mirror and pull the top half of my hip length dark blue hair into a bun and leave the bottom half down. Hey, I'm Ryanna. I'm not what you would call your typical 16 year old girl, i mean yeah I go to high school, and hang out with friends but I am hiding a dark secret that if anyone in this town found out including my friends would destroy my life as i know it.

"Morning mom, morning dad" I grab toast off the plate on the counter and stand against the counter, those are my parents, my mom Mary and my dad Ron.

"Good morning Ryanna" My dad looks up from his paper I see on the front page in big letters the headline of today's paper 'WITCH ATTACK, YOUNG COUPLE LEFT TO DIE' As i look at the headline my stomach turns, apparently how i felt was shown all over my face, my mom looks at me with worry.

"Are you sure you don't want to skip today? I know how these searches can scare you."

"its okay mom, if i'm not there today they will just do it tomorrow and it will look suspicious"

I'm sure by now you're wondering what the big secret is and what the searches are for, well my family is hiding a secret, We are witches but not like the ones that paper is talking about, we draw our energy from our magic source which is what our powers are based off of, where as other witches who don't know about this take the life energy from people and leave them to die unless they decide to just kill them on the spot the energy the collect is kept in a pendant that each witch has it has a symbol on it that shows what their power is it is worn as a necklace, a choker, a ring or a bracelet. My family is the only witches we know of that draw our energy from our power base; my mom's powers are based of love so as long as she is in an environment where there is love she can collect that energy and it stores in her pendant which has a pink heart on it; my dad draws his power from swords so all he has to do to collect energy is sit in a room with swords and focus on them, his pendant he has a ring but he has to keep an invisibility spell, if anyone seen our pendants we would be feared; My powers I draw from the four seasons, for me to collect energy all i have to do is sit outside in the quite and focus on the current season, my pendant has four symbols: a leaf to represent autumn, a snowflake for winter, a flower for spring and a sun for summer.

"Well i better go mom, can you cast the spell" My mom was the only one who could cast an invisibility spell, she will teach me when i'm older but for now she does it for me.

I attend Damasken high school, our town has 3 schools, Damasken elementary and middle school, Damasken High school where i attend and Damasken School of witch craft that is where all witches go to school to learn about their magic and how to drain energy form innocent people; because I hide my powers i am able to get away with attending the high school.

At Damasken high on the second Wednesday of each month they check all students for pendants like mine, that's why i need the invisibility spell, they do this to insure no witches are hiding in our school, so far I haven't been caught but today i just have this strange feeling that something will go wrong.

"Hello? Earth to Ryanna!" I look up to see my friend Clarice. Clarice is a fairly tall girl with light brown hair that she always has pulled into a pony tail, and her clothes are almost always pink and blue.

"Hey Clarice, sorry i wasn't paying attention"

"yeah I could tell anyway..." Clarice began babbling about the same thing she does everyday how she spent all morning trying to decide what to wear, i never understood it her entire wardrobe is nothing but pink and blue. I pretend i'm listening as we walk up to the school entrance i cant help but think to myself 'Something is going to happen today I just cant tell what'