Chapter 27

"Aren't you going to go after him?" Katie asks.

"How could I?" I say. "He probably hates me now." I continue looking down.

"Ok. I'm going to put this in the nicest way possible. Okay?" She starts. "Somehow the universe have the nicest person on the planet the shittiest life ever. They gave you fuckboy jack asses as boyfriends who all want to get in your pants. Your nemesis has practically tries to murder you. Your the prettiest girl ever but everybody hates you for it. Your mom left when you were little and your best friend practiacally died. You were in a giant law suit and lost and when your handed something good you push it aside thinking that it's too good for you." She bursts. "Ashton loves you. And you love him!" She yells. "You need to fight for him." She says pointing to the door.

"Katie, every word you just said is true but what if I don't love him. What if I ruin something. Everything is always my fault and I don't want to draw him into it."

...

Katie's POV

A wave of realization hits me.

Alex blames herself. She thinks it's her fault that she lives in a crappy house with her aunt. She thinks it's we fault her mom left. She thinks it's her fault that that car accident happened so long ago. She blames herself.

I run out of the house and down the driveway and stop Ashton.

I yell at him for a couple seconds until I convince him to come back inside that's when I push him into my room with Alex and lock the door.