Injuries/Failed Mission

The last few days have been hectic! What with Lloyd's sprained wrist and Jay's broken rib, everyone has been a little on the edge.

             The mission we were on was to track down a rogue serpentine group, made up of several different species, mostly Hypnobrai and Venomari. It was Kai, Zane, Lloyd and I on offense and Jay and Cole on defense. Using a tracking device I planted on one as it was escaping the last time we fought them, Zane managed to use the signal to find their base, just outside the Toxic Bogs. So there we were driving there on our cool vehicles because of course we have cool vehicles, why wouldn't we? And then came the part that Lloyd doesn't want anyone to hear about-instead of getting an injury in an awesome battle, his motorcycle tipped over. Tipped over! Apparently the kid is still working on balance, I mean he never even learned how to ride a bike. Anyway, he fell over and luckily came away with only a sprained wrist. It could've been much worse. Kai took him back home but the rest of us continued on the mission. It must go on!

            Once we reached the Toxic Bogs, the remaining team members split up to do our respective jobs. Zane and I went to attack the serpentine and capture their general, a Venomari named Cobrus. Meanwhile, Cole and Jay stayed back to guard the vehicles, because of course not only do we have cool vehicles but we also need two people who fight all the time to guard them. Zane and I were completely silent, and we were about to drop down from the ceiling of the cave and throw a net over Cobrus when I heard something.

"Heeeeeelllllp!" Jay screamed, blowing our cover.

"You handle the serpentine, I'll go see what happened to Jay!" I told Zane, who nodded. I flipped down from the rocky outcropping. Several serpentine spotted me but I simply brushed them off and raced out of the cave. Cole or Jay could be dead by now! But when I came to the tucked-away place of stone where we parked, instead of the bloody fight scene I imagined there was something completely different.

       Both Cole and Jay were crammed into the small space like sardines. Mostly Cole was taking up the space, because he seemed to be crushing Jay. Cole had fallen over and now the two were stuck, Cole lodged in between a rock and a hard place with Jay under him. Jay was kicking and shrieking, but it seemed like he was running out of air. Apparently Cole weighs A LOT.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" I yelled at the two.

"No-time-just...get him off of-me!" Jay squeaked in pain. I ran over and between both my and Cole's combined efforts, we managed to get Cole unstuck. He flopped out in relief.

Jay was still laying on the ground, flat as a pancake. Well, maybe not THAT flat, but you get the idea. He wheezed for air, trying to get enough into his lungs, but his chest seemed to not be able to move up without him groaning with intense pain. "Now tell me what happened." I ordered Cole, who was brushing himself off.

"Um, Jay and I were arguing about whatever, and then like I tripped and fell on him and then he started screaming." Cole explained. He didn't seem too worried about Jay.

"I think you broke one of his ribs." I said, and then turned to Jay.  "Are you okay?" I asked with concern.

"Sure," he said weakly. "Although Cole needs to lay off the cake." Then he snickered. Cole groaned. "Seriously, even when you're injured you insult me!" He said.

      We managed to get home okay, but we had to abort the mission. And now that the rogue serpentine know we know where their base is, they've probably relocated. I've noticed that although we're ninja, most of our injuries come from stupid things instead of epic battles. In fact, probably 80% of all the injuries we've gotten were from things like getting hit over the head by a falling plate or tripping over dirty clothes on the floor. I guess we're just very lucky in fights and very unlucky in real life. So now I'm in the infirmary, typing this next to Jay's bed while he whines (not attractive) and wishing the mission hadn't failed. But at least nobody died!

All in the life of a ninja.