New mascot

Mirai gasped as she tripped over a twig, spraining her ankle in the process. Umi and Hikaru, who had been flying behind her notice this and attempted to help the now crying girl up. Umi sighed to herself and said. ''You need to be more careful, Mirai....you're gonna give us away.''

''Sorry....'' said Mirai, tiredly. ''I just wanna go home....I'm tired, bored and in pain.'' She gently rubbed her ankle with her right hand while rubbing her wrist, which had been sprained a short time ago, with her left.

''I know, Mirai-chan....but healing magic only works once a day so I can't heal you till tomorrow.'' said Hikaru, with a frown. ''And Umi-chan is unable to use healing magic for some reason, she just was never been able to use it.''

Mirai nodded and slowly wiped her eyes. ''I hate this...'' She mumbled, before looking around. The forest they were in was huge, and she couldn't see anything but green leaves and brown bark. ''So where is this so-called castle? I can't see anything.''

''We're nearly there now.'' said Umi, also she decided to lead Mirai over to a set of leaves. ''Through here''

Mirai slowly nodded and pushed the leaves away, only to not be greeted by a castle. She was gonna glared at Umi for lying only to gasp in awe and shock. There in the thicket was a bunch of full grown unicorns of various colors.

But the shock came from the fact that one unicorn had a very enlarged stomach and appeared to be in pain. Mirai gasped in shocked and ran towards the unicorn, who jumped in fright. Nearly all of them ran in fright, with the exception of the hurting unicorn and a male, who was nuzzling the mare's head.

''Are you alright there.'' said Mirai, gently stroking the mare's forehead. She stared into the mare's big ruby eyes. Her eyes filled with horror. ''Umi, Hikaru, she's heavily pregnant with foal.....she needs help and now!''

Umi glanced at Hikaru, getting the severity of the suitation but needed to get some things down that she didn't understand.''Questions before we help; How are you able to understand the unicorn, and not frightened her mate away?''

Mirai shrugged, continued to stroke the unicorn's forehead. ''Can it for now, Umi. We need to help her and now!''

''I see. Well, I believe pregnant unicorn needs palm leaves to protect the foal as it comes out. But as she is so pregnant, I believe you need to stay near her. She trusts you already, Mirai. Hikaru, get the palm leaves quickly.''

Hikaru nodded and flew out to get the palm leaves. Umi turned back to Mirai, who was still gently stroking the mare's muzzle. ''Keep her calm. Wait, what's her name. It'll be easy to know her name when it comes down to issues.''

Mirai nodded, and looked at the mare's ruby eyes. ''It's Lyrica.....and she planning on naming her foal 'Hibiki' if it's a guy and 'Rei' if it's a girl....''

''I see. Ah, Hikaru's back.'' Hikaru flew in with a bunch of palm leaves. She rested them down on the forest floor. ''Okay, Lyrica, rest down on the palm leaves.''

The unicorn mare slowly nodded, and rose to her feet with the help of her mate and Mirai. She landed on the palm leaves, with a little space for the foal. She gasped in pain. Mirai's eyes widened. ''The foal is coming!''

''Stay calm, Mirai-chan. Your the one, who needs to keep Lyrica calm during this stage of the labor and birth'' said Hikaru, with a calm smile. ''Unicorn foals take only a few minutes to come after the first pains comes.

A few anxious minutes passed by and soon Lyrica pushed the foal out onto the palm leaves. Even though she was originally disgusted by the birth, Mirai smiled. The foal was a white color, with a light gold mane. It's horn was gold as well, unlike it's mother's and father's silver horns. It slowly stood up and yawned, a pair of white wings ejected out of it's back. Umi gasped. ''A unicorn with wings.''

''...Umi, don't go saying this is a oddity....I'm still getting over the fact that unicorns exist here.'' said Mirai, with a annoyed frown.

''Well...it is quite a oddity for this world. Wings are a very rare thing for unicorns to have.'' said Hikaru.

''Oh shut up.......Rei is just unique, she's still the same cute thing like all unicorn foal.''

''Rei, so the foal is a filly?'' Umi questioned, Mirai gently nodded and petted the newborn foal, who nuzzled her.

Lyrica looked at the small child, who was petting her foal. Mirai smiled at her, seeing her ruby eyes that the foal shared. ''What...you want me to?''

''What does she want you to do?''

''She wants me to be Rei's master.......and her to be my mascot like you two. Lyrica says that a winged unicorn wouldn't be expected in her herd as it's seen as wrong but she doesn't want to abandon her daughter so she says that if I look after her....then she wants see Rei on a regular basis''

''I see....but is it possible for a single witch to have 3 different mascots. Most only have one, two is a possible outcome. Even the queen and princess only have 2 mascots each.''

''....I don't know. Hey, aren't you the one who's local to this area!?'' cried Mirai, realizing the problem with Umi asking her that. Lyrica then looked at her, seeming to say something else. ''Wait, shouldn't that be impossible?''

''What is she saying?''

''She saying that because I can understand her then my magic may be strong enough to let me have 3 mascots without worry. How do you gain more mascots anyway?''

''You have to use a spell...unless the mascots have been made for you. We cast a spell on you to make you our master when you were a little child. So you need to cast the spell on Rei.'' said Hikaru, before whispering the spell into Mirai's ear.

Mirai slowly nodded and closed her eyes. She focused on the magic that she now knew lived in her heart. Opening her eyes once more, she held her arms out and a small ball of magic formed in her grasp. She breathed in and out, muttering a few chants under her breath and send the magic over to the now sleeping filly. The magic wrapped around Rei for a few minutes then around Mirai, who panted in exhaustion. Once the spell was over, Mirai collapsed to the ground very tired. The mascots ran over to Mirai and held her shoulder. Umi gently asked. ''Are you alright, Mirai? That was only your first spell...''

''I-I'm alright...Lyrica, how is Rei?'' said Mirai, sadly.

Lyrica smiled and nudged her foal awake, the filly ran over to her new master and snuggled into her before opening her mouth speaking, much to everybody's surprise. ''I'm your maswot pew, Miwai-mama.''

Mirai smiled, even though she was shocked that the filly was speaking. She stroked the filly's mane before turning to Lyrica. ''I'll protect her, Lyrica. Don't fear about that.'' Lyrica nuzzled her daughter's master, Mirai smiled and hugged Lyrica. She turned back to Umi and Hikaru, who nodded to her. ''We need to get going.''

Rei said goodbye to her mom and followed after Mirai and her co-mascots, they needed to meet the queen and soon. It would be a problem if Mirai couldn't teleport back to the real world. Her father lived there after all, and it was bad for him if she could not go home to him and as soon as possible.