Two

You wandered around the bustling common room, slightly awkwardly. There wasn't really anyone to have a conversation with, except for rowdy and excitable first years, who were up way past their bedtime and had consumed too much sugar. You dejectedly headed over to the snacks, grabbing some pumpkin juice and a Cauldron Cake.

Everyone was either mingling, eating or dancing. There were some couples who were kissing passionately, like Dean Thomas and Ginny.

You could talk to Parvati Patil, although you didn't really know her that well. She was best friends with Lavender Brown, someone you despised. Lavender wasn't mean, she was just irritating among other things.

You spotted Neville and walked over to him. "Hi, Neville." You smiled, cheerily.
"Hi, Y/N." He replied, nervously. "Did you have a good summer?" You ask, frantically trying to make conversation. "Yeah. My gran got me a new wand. She was really proud of me, after what happened at the Ministry. I reckon it's one of Ollivander's last. He went missing a few days after." He said, showing you his new wand. You spoke to him a bit longer and actually found that you were enjoying yourself slightly more.

After having a heated, but not serious, debate about Quidditch, with Dean and Seamus, you decided to find Harry. He hadn't actually done anything wrong, except ignore Hermione.

He was standing in a fairly large crowd of people, who were watching something and chanting. You stood next to Harry, who gave you a small smile. You were glad to see there were no negative feelings, as you had kind of shouted at him too.

In the middle of the cheering crowd, stood Ron and Lavender. They were very close together and grinning, more so at each other than the swarm of people surrounding them. He suddenly leaned in, kissing her roughly. Making a noise between a gasp and a strangled sob, you ran out of the common room.

***

You ran through the deserted corridors, tears rapidly spilling from your E/C eyes. Eventually, you ran into an empty classroom and sat down. You cried and cried, knowing that all chances you had with Ron were gone.

Someone entered the classroom. "Go away. I want to be left alone." You said, bitterly. You looked up, seeing Harry, to your surprise.

"I knew it. You fancy Ron." He said, quietly, sitting beside you. "Like that even matters anymore." You whisper. "He's just being a stubborn git. You know what he's like." He replied. "I can't blame him, how was he supposed to know how I feel? I tried to hide my feelings." You say. "Y/N, he's completely stupid to choose Lavender over you." Harry told you, confidently. "Thank you, Harry." You mumble, looking into his green eyes. He leaned in, almost like he was going to kiss you.

Hermione came in, ruining the - almost - moment. "I saw everything that happened in the common room. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I know how you feel about him." She said, sadly. "It's fine, Hermione. You haven't done anything wrong." You reassured her.

The three of you sat in silence, Hermione conjuring birds, whilst sitting on a desk. You moved closer to Harry and he wrapped a protective arm around you and gently wiped away your tears.

Just then, Ron and Lavender stumbled in, laughing obnoxiously loudly and holding hands.
"Oh, it looks like this room is already taken." Lavender giggled, gesturing to you and Harry, as you were particularly close to each other. She went somewhere else, but Ron stayed behind.

"Why do you look so sad, Y/N? Have you been crying?" Ron asked, dumbly. "How oblivious can you get, Ronald Bilius Weasley?" You growl, clenching your fists.

"Harry, mate, what's happened? What did I do?" He questioned, ignoring your harsh response. "Sorry, Ron, this is something you need to figure out by yourself and fix." Harry said. "I see. I'm sorry, for whatever it was that I did. And Hermione, I shouldn't have acted that way, earlier, I hope you can forgive me." He said, sincerely.

If you thought you were angry, Hermione was way worse. She was livid. "Oppugno!" She yelled, furiously waving her wand at the birds. They viciously flew towards Ron, who couldn't escape and he moved backwards, until he was pressed against the wall. They began pecking violently and attacking him. You got up and left, not wanting to be near him, but not tearing your gaze away from him as you did.

***

The next morning, Ron and Lavender were still all over each other. It was sickening, watching her get close to him. "I love you, Won-Won." She said, in a babyish voice. You rolled your eyes, whilst she stared daggers at you.

You poked at your breakfast, not feeling hungry at all. "Y/N, you need to eat something. You don't want to deal with angry plants on an empty stomach." Harry prompted, making a feeble attempt at a joke, to try and cheer you up.

Hermione sat down, on the other side of you, sending a contemptous glare at the happy couple, who were too engrossed in themseleves to notice.

"Y/N, who are you going to invite to the Slug Club Party?" She asked, trying to take your mind off of Ron. "Well, I was going to invite Ronald. But now, I'm clearly not, so I don't know. Maybe I'll invite Seamus, because I expect Ginny will invite Dean, so we can hang around with them." You say, shrugging. "Sounds like a good idea." Harry said, nodding approvingly.

***

Later, Seamus was sat with Ron and Lavender, in the common room, pulling disgusted faces whenever they kissed, which was a lot. Even better.

You and Seamus were quite good friends, as you had helped heal his burns, many times, over the years.
"Ah, Y/N. How may I help you?" He said, eagerly, as though he was glad of a reason to excuse himself. Ron and Lavender paused, mid snog, to listen in. Aware of this, you began speaking, as if they weren't there. You knew they could hear every word you were saying. "Hello, Seamus. I was wondering; would you like to do me the honour of accompanying me, to Professor Slughorn's Christmas party?" You ask, fighting the growing temptation to look at Ron. "Sure, why not." He replied, with a grin. "I can't wait." You smile, before walking away successfully.

***

A/N: I hope this part was better. This isn't going to be a very long fanfic, I don't want to drag it out too much. Hope you like it, so far!

Also, I went to a GCSE religious studies conference today and there were loads of interesting points, some were Harry Potter related!

- First of all, he asked us which character we found the bravest. Malfoy? No one raised their hands, because he's not brave, he was a bully. Voldemort? Of course no one agreed. Snape? A few raised their hands. Ron? No one raised their hands. Harry? A couple raised their hands, obviously Harry is brave. Dobby? A lot raised their hands, because who doesn't love Dobby. Hermione? I raised my hand, along with many others, she is my role model and just like me, a great idol for feminists.

Neville? I was the first one to raise my hand and I did it confidently. Neville is one of the bravest and if you disagree, you're wrong. He dealt with his parents not knowing who he was, he tried so hard in the D.A., fought so well in the Department of Mysteries. And the Deathly Hallows, he was a hero.

- He then asked why Voldemort turned into a foetus thing, after he tried to kill Harry. I answered, in front of like 200 people (which was terrifying).

- He also asked which character showed the most love. He said Snape, which I can see why. Personally, I think Harry or Lily.