Chapter 5.

"W-what?" I asked hoping that I wasn't totally red. Suddenly I heard a moan come from beside me, Aaron had woken up. Oh thank god. I turned back to Sam who was ruffling his hair. He looked at me with a smile that I hadn't seen on him before, or you know, since I met him five or six hours ago, and trust me, I had seen PLENTY of different smiles and smirks coming from him these past hours. I don't know, it was a little sad, or dissapointed, or both. Anyway it was weird. I smiled back pretending as if I hadn't noticed that he was upset or something.

"Alice?" Aaron cut in. "Where will we be sleeping?"

"Well, my brother has a spare bed in his room and we have a guest room. Which one of you is okay staying with Alex?"

"I'll stay with him, no problem." Aaron said. Crap, I kinda had hoped Sam would stay there that way he couldn't try anything without my brother being there. I wasn't scared of Sam or anything, I just didn't know what to do. I've dated a lot but only had one serious boyfriend my entire life and it did not end well. His name was Jimmy and he ended up moving to Georgia. We called each other and texted for the first couple of months, to try keeping our relashionship alive, but then the calls became less frequent, so did the texts, and that resulted in no interaction whatsoever within the sixth month of being apart. It hurt for a little while. Not talking to him anymore, but as our spark faded, so did our relashionship, I don't really think about him that much anymore. Which is good. I don't see the point in being upset about someone who isn't coming back.

"So.. I guess I'm staying in the guest room" Sam mumbled "Can you lead me there?"

I got up and he followed me all the way to the guest bedroom. I twisted the doorknob and fully opened the door.

"Well, here it is." I said and smiled "Goodnight Sam." He looked at me and smiled back.

I started walking back to my room when he said "Allie wait." Not many people called me that. I turned around "You didn't answer my question earlier. So? What would you say?"

I laughed nervously and decided to say no. I didn't want to upset him. And yes, I really wanted to kiss him but it wasn't right so I said "No. I wouldn't kiss you."

He looked at me with wide eyes, shocked, as if no girl had ever turned him down before. "Goodnight Sam".

I walked back to my room and heard him shut his door. Was he really THAT upset? I mean it's not like I'm the love of his life. He's known me for less than a day. Anyways, this wasn't important. What was important was the fact that Mel and Aaron were texting!!! I felt my phone vibrate and took it out.

Mel: 'Omg Ace!! Thank u so much for giving Aaron my number! We've been texting 1 hr! He's sooo funny and he said u guys were going to the beach, and then he said HE wanted me to comee!! Dude, I owe you.'

Me: 'Haha really!? Aaaaaaaa!!! Don't sweat it man, it's okay, I'm sooo happy for u 2! I mean, it's been long enough since Josh. He was a douche! Now you've got a HOT, FUNNY AND SMART (yeah we talked he's super smart. Straight A's and letter of reccomendation!!) :o! Have fun with him ;) Yea sure come with us tmw! I forgot 2 ask u earlier'

Mel: 'So what's up with u and Sam? Yeah, Aaron told me. Don't kill him, he just noticed how he looked at u and said he woke up and interrupted u. He thinks u 2 were doing something. Mm.. care to explain young lady?'

Me: 'Haha, uh... about that, we SO need 2 talk about that, but I gotta tell u in person. It's more fun that way. I don't want to ruin the surprise and I do NOT wanna miss ur reaction!!'

Mel: 'Awwh c'mon! At least a hint?'

Me: 'It involved a game of 20 questions'