six

S I X

                                                                                       "WILD"

                                               l e a v e    t h i s    b l u e    n e i g h b o u r h o o d

                                  n e v e r    k n e w    l o v i n '    c o u l d    h u r t    t h i s    g o o d

                                                                        .                 .              .

She's looking in the mirror; at herself, her surroundings. She's taking it in.

The curtains are closing on her foster life, and she doesn't know how to feel.

Her hair is spilling over her shoulders in its natural waves, she patted on some blush and hurriedly applied some lipstick. She's wearing a grey and white striped shirt, a fading pink skirt that reaches right above her knees, dark grey stockings underneath, and old, slightly worn out, black flats.

Mariana advised her to look professional, like she knew what she was doing, and what would happen. But Callie doesn't. She's totally unprepared, so she went for something casual. Something that would show everyone that she wasn't sure, but she was still going to present herself anyway. For the fun of it. 

"You look nice." A voice says from the doorway. Callie turns her head to look, her hair whipping around and settling on her back.

"Thanks," She bites her lip, her fingers finding the hem of her skirt and fiddling with it, "You do too, B."

Brandon chuckles and shrugs, taking a few steps into the messy room, "Mariana really went all out. . ."

"She tried to." Callie laughs quietly, "I just wanted something . . . Causal. So I wouldn't feel so . . . Pressured, I guess. Tight." She shakes her head, looking at herself in the mirror again, "That probably makes no sense. Sorry."

"No, I get it." He reassures her, kicking a pile of dresses aside, "You wanna feel like you can breathe."

"Exactly." Callie -- dare she -- smiles at him through the glass, "Thank you for coming."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I just -- Agh -- I don't know . . . I thought you'd have to be forced."

"No, not at all. . ." He walks up behind her, "I'll always be here for you, Callie. You know that."

"The way I ended things. . ."

"We don't need to talk about us anymore, today is your day. You shouldn't dwell on me and you or my feelings. That's kind of ruining everything, don't you think?"