Chapter 10

Gorsepelt blinked her eyes slowly. She was lying on stinking, wet earth. Where am I?

Groaning, she got to her paws and looked around. Her sickness was gone, and her fur wasn't sticky anymore. The wounds that Blackfrost had given her had healed into deep scars, most prominently a deep one across her throat. Sunfeather's work.

Her brain was clear, clearer than it had ever been before. Gorsepelt sighed, "I'm free at last."

She looked around, seeing nothing but the half-lit forest. I need to find out where I am. The black tree trunks towered above her head, their leaves obscured by a thick fog. Glowing green fungus grew at the bases of the trees, lighting the foreboding forest. Gorsepelt could not smell any prey in the bushes, but she heard a sharp crack behind her.

"Gorsepelt?" The bushes from the half-lit rustled. A dark brown tabby tom stepped out, his fur nearly black in the light.

Gorsepelt shrieked. "Hawkcry!" Snarling, she threw herself at him, claws twitching.

Hawkcry jumped out of the way. His yellow eyes were wide. "I...I had no idea you would come here."

Gorsepelt landed, her claws digging into the earth. Hatefully, she glared at the dark tabby. "I'm going to kill you again if I have to, enough times to make sure you never come back."

"I'm already dead maggot-face," Hawkcry hissed. "You killed me, left me to die. I died alright, after the crows came..."

"Oh." Gorsepelt felt a tiny twinge of guilt, but it quickly faded. "Well I'm not sorry for what I did."

She looked around, trying to avoid his gaze. "Where are we? Obviously not StarClan."

"This is not StarClan Gorsepelt," Hawkcry mewed darkly. "Welcome to the Dark Forest."

StarClan didn't accept me! How dare they! Gorsepelt dragged her claws through the rotting soil. "Why am I here?"

"Because you killed three cats Gorsepelt, including me," Hawkcry pointed out flatly. "The reason I'm here is because I killed Pebblelake."

Gorsepelt felt a rush of anger at the mentioning of the grey and white tom. She growled, "Is he here? Because I really want to rip his throat out."

Hawkcry shook his head, "All medicine cats go to StarClan."

He pointed his tail at the shadowey undergrowth. "Please, if you would come with me, I have some cats for you to meet."

Gorsepelt growled through gritted teeth and followed him. She didn't miss Hawkcry very much, nor did she miss being alive. Her powers were stronger now, she could see how any cat died that she wished. She was wiser, all knowing, but her claws still itched for a fight. Her desire for the clans to fall was growing. She would not rest until she achieved her goal.

Fin. So, this is my second book completed and I'm really proud of this one. All the grammar and word choice is on point this time. Anyway, this was a very gorey book in celebration for Halloween. Now, time to start updating Stormheart's Rebellion!

Characters:

Frostpelt belongs to @blue_sapphire015

Everyone else is mine :3