32. a different thomas

Chapter 32: A Different Thomas

3 WEEKS LATER..
It's been two weeks since Thomas and I last talked. And that was at the dance.

Today, I was finally going to be back at school and I wasn't that happy.

It was nice having time off school. No homework, No teachers, No wasting 7 hours of my life.

It felt like summer but know I have to go back to school and I really don't want to.

I also have to face Thomas. Apparently, Thomas broke up with her ever since the fiasco at the dance.

He's tried to talk to me sometimes but I end up ignoring and swearing at him.

I am planning on ignoring him throughout the day and just focus on school since I wasn't here the last two months.

I walk into school and first thing I get are stares. Probably because I was suspended and news flew around school pretty fast.

I saw some new transfer students and some jocks staring at me.

I bet they heard about me and Thomas and think that we broke up. I don't know if we did or not. I'm still confused with this whole thing.

I always had questions about things. Why did Thomas cheat? Was I not good enough?

I walked over to my locker and everyone soon resumed whatever they were talking about before I came into the school.

I noticed Kate was still staring at me. She had a locker 4 away from mine.

"Yes?" I say, tilting my head and looking at her.

"I didn't know you were coming back." She said. I give her a confused look.

"Well, Erika and some other kids spreader some rumors that you got expelled." She explained.

"I was suspended. And besides, when did you ever believe a word Erika said." I say, grabbing some books.

"Yeah, I guess your right." Kate said, grabbing a bunch of hard books.

"Hey, do you have any news about Erika and Thomas?" I asked.

"Um.. are you sure you want to know?" Kate asked, looking a bit nervous.

"Sure, I mean I'm over him now." I say. It wasn't a complete lie. I was kinda over him but kinda not.

"Erika and Thomas are still together. There was gossip in the library that Erika's pregnant and it's Thomas's child."

My heart dropped at that. They had sex. Now I knew Thomas didn't love me anymore. Kate stopped and looked at me.

I tried my best to put up a fake smile or something that didn't look sad. Kate actually fell for it and continued.

"But they're just rumors. But they show a lot of PDA now. Kissing in public, holding hands whenever they are around each other, all touchy touchy. It's freaky sometimes."

I nod and motion her to continue. "Well, they are always seen missing in public. Sometimes people catch Thomas with his hand up her shirt or Erika with her hands roaming his chest or pants."

I felt tears about to pour. I quickly wipe them away. "Do you want me to continue?" Kate asked with concern in her voice.

"Y-yeah." I say and she nods. But before she continues, she hesitates.