CHAPTER ONE: PAGE ONE

Like every other morning, I woke up to see what was going on with my family. My brother (Aidan) was still asleep. While my dad was getting wood for the fire and my mom was making a surprise for us. It was only 5:30 in the morning, however. Well, my parents have to get up early to do their work. Everyone in my family has to. With the exception of Aidan. He's only 6. While I'm 14. I'm forced to do my work. I sat down and drew some sketches on paper in my spare time before I had work.

"Miriam!" My mother screamed from outside. Probably waking up the whole neighborhood.

"Uugh, what? I just started sketching!" I yelled back.

"It's time to farm!" She shouted.

"But... I wanna dry the clothes like usual..." I said murmuring back.

"Well too bad! Dad's doing that." She scowled.

"Fine...." I grumpily replied back.

So as I was told. I farmed. But I didn't know how to though. But I did have a slight flashback of my dad teaching me how to farm. I still didn't know how. So I just went to our farmland and see what I had to grew on the checklist mom handed me.

To Do List:

Water the strawberries and watermelon.

Put on the farming gloves.

Pick the wheat.

Put wheat in basket.

Oh well, I suppose that's fair enough. It was easier then I expected. I think I felt that it was so hard because I didn't do it in a while. Then I remembered my paper I kept in my pocket. I sketched some more before I picked the wheat. However, I didn't draw for too long because my pen ran out of ink. Which was pretty sad since drawing was the only thing I actually liked. I questioned myself and talked to myself. "Gaw, I need to go back on track." I then picked the wheat which didn't take to long. Only five minutes. After I was done. I flopped back on my bed and went to sleep in relief.

But wait, it was school. Or as I like to call it, prison. I absolutely hated it. My teachers were the most mean thing in the word. They were like witches! I wouldn't go to school today but I don't wanna go to the cellar. THAT's what I call an actual prison. I avoided brushing my teeth and ate just a piece of bread for breakfast. After that, I went into my uniform that I hated. I would rather go to school in my nightgown. But life is life and I can't fix it.