My Love

This short story had been edited!
                                                   6/4/16

I stare from my bedroom window silently, watching the rain fall like tears. His bedroom, across from mine, was empty. It has been for a while now. Everyday I wondered if he was enjoying himself in heaven, without me. Smiling that sexy grin of his that would cause even the angels to fall weak in the knees. Or giving others that mysterious smirk that only I knew was meant for trouble.

I've thought over and over of what it would be like to finally be with him again for eternity but I as always, I shook my head in the end. I couldn't let myself think like that again, if Reece knew what I had tried to do... oh god, he probably already does.

I tried to do it, I really did, but every time I was so close to ending the my now useless life, I heard his husky voice in my head.

Don't do it, princess...

A tear slid down my cheek, I wiped it away with my hand. Someone knocked on the door. I didn't answer, but I had a feeling I knew who it was. The door opened and footsteps vibrated across the floor boards, stopping just a few feet behind me.

"Chloe?" Charlie asked unsure. I didn't reply. I never did. He sighed.

"Chloe you and I both know the he wouldn't want to see you like this. He'd want you to live your life to the fullest and your doing the exact opposite." He dropped something on the table beside me and left without another word. I didn't look at the object. I wrapped my hand around the locket Reece had given me for my birthday.

I ran my fingers over the thin golden chain that held the most valuable object in the world. I remembered the day he gave it to me, we had been in the park that night. The moon and stars shined bright above us as he got down on one knee, in front of everyone who had cheered, already predicting his actions. That was the day that I had become engaged to the most perfect man on this planet who had given me everything that I needed in life, him and happiness.

That was the best day of my life. And to think my father had helped him plan it. I smiled sadly. I knew what I needed to do. I needed to take control of myself and live for him. Charlie was right, Reece would never let me swallow myself up and become as depressed as I felt now. I felt so...empty. Like nothing was inside of me. Like I was missing a half of my heart that I couldn't function without.

I moved from the window and toward my bed. The table next to it ha d a white letter on top of it from Reece. No matter how many times I read it, the tears of grief and devastation still poured. I picked it up and reread it but this time I didn't cry. I felt stronger, I could do this. And I will do this, live everyday for him.

I closed my eyes and took in a ragged breath. I repeated the mantra in my head repeatedly until i herd a creek on the floor boards behind me.

My head snapped up and my eyes widen. There was a dark figure in the corner of the room on the other side of the bed. I scramble back immediately and bumped into the table. Pain fired up my side from where I just hit it but I kept backing up until I ran into a wall. Fear slices through me when I realised that the person in the room had also been moving too. I couldn't breathe correctly and I struggled to take in oxygen. Only the sound of my gasps were heard in the room because I was to afraid to scream. The figure came closer than stopped in front of me.

A pair of red eyes stared at me and scared me even more. What was this?! The figure took one final step into the moonlight. My  eyes widened. I gasped. It couldn't be! Oh god...

"Hola, princess."

*****

Hello there! As any other story all characters are credited to Slim_Shady because, obviously, they are hers! I just wanted to put a twist on their story but only something that could make you think of possible scenarios these two love-struck characters could face. Even if it meant turning Reese into an actual sexy beast! ;)

So, what do you think happened to Reese?

What is he??

I mean, I thought he was dead, now he's suddenly back to life? I feel something strange about him, especially when he had red eyes and not the usually to die for green ones.

Thanks for reading, please cote! (Cote- Slim_Shady reference)