39. Lest we are luckless

Thomas' POV

One hour has passed since Kaya left in an ambulance, and now the whole cast is gathered in one of the hotel rooms. We're waiting for a guy called Mark, who went with Kaya in the ambulance, to call and report on how she's doing.

"I hope she's okay." Rosa says and bites her lip, breaking the unbearable silence that has been filling the room ever since we git here.

"Yeah." Ki agrees, his voice weak. No one else can think of anything else to say, so silence falls once again, until Ki and Jacob start chatting in low voices. I can't hear what they're saying, but I can't really bother to care.

I glance beside me, at Dylan, who's tapping anxiously with his fingers on his turned off phone. Mark said he'd call any of us, but I'm betting it'll be Dylan since him and Kaya are close. He looks intensely at the phone, as if to, with the power of simply his thoughts, make it ring. It doesn't work.

"Why isn't he calling?" Dylan suddenly bursts out and groans, flailing dangerously with the phone. He looks around the room desperately. When his eyes meet mine, I shake my head and shrug. "He said he'd call as soon as they got there, and it's been one hour!"

"Maybe the hospital doesn't allow phones or maybe he just forgot?" Rosa tries hesitatingly, putting her hand on Dylan's shoulder. He pats hers, looking deflated.

"I guess."

Dylan stands up, places the phone on a table beside him and leaves the room.

"Did I say something wrong?" Rosa frowns and looks at me. I shake my head, attempting a smile.

"No. You handled that just fine. He's just worried, after all they're best friends." I tell her. "I'll go check on him."

I raise and exit the room. As I wander around looking for Dylan, I can feel the knot in my stomach tightening. Why hasn't Mark called yet? Is it that serious? Or maybe he really forgot? I really hope he has. I really hope Kaya's okay.

When I can't seem to find Dylan anywhere, I lean on a wall and gaze out the window opposite it. It's cloudy and gray outside, but no rain. Outside. Of course!

I hurry down the maze of corridors, all the way to the stairs. I run up to the roof, taking two steps at a time, and burst open the door to it.

Just as I thought, I can see a sitting silhouette on the edge, with his legs swinging over the edge.

"Be careful so you don't fall over." I adress him as I sit down beside him. It appears he's already noticed me since he doesn't jump at the sound my voice.

"Yeah." Is is only reply, along with a sniffle. I look at him and notice that he's been crying, his brown eyes red-rimmed and eyelashes still wet. I decide to pull him into a hug and say,

"Don't worry, Kaya's fine."

"How'd you know?" He asks, his voice sounding muffled since he's speaking into my shirt.

Yeah, how'd I know?

"You know what? Mark is probably calling right now to tell us that Kaya's fine."

Dylan nods and relaxes a bit. I can't believe his relaxing here, on the edge of a rooftop. My heart is racing, but not only out of fear as I look down. I'm glad I'm not as afraid of heights (just a tiiiny bit) as I used to be, because the fact that we are sitting on a roof with our feet thrown over the edge would probably have made ten-year old me faint. When I look down, I can see people walking down the city streets. From up here they look like ants, and the cars driving by like toys.

Right opposite us is a building similar to this one we're seated on. Above us the sky still threatens to open up and start pouring rain over us at anytime, but that doesn't bother me. He's in my arms.

-

When we later get back to the room, we're met by good news. Kaya's okay. She got treated just in time. Jacob announces that she'll return tomorrow, and finally the knot in my stomach vanishes. A bit, at least.

I've still got things to worry about, but I decide to try not to ponder upon them right now. All I'm gonna focus on at the moment is that Kaya's okay and that she'll be back soon.

---

A/n:
Hello there friends, how are you?
Great, I hope.
I'm not.
I'M GOING TO LONDON TOMORROW, WHICH IS V SOON
AND THEN I'M GOING TO BIRMINGHAM
TO SEE DAN AND PHIL
ASDFGHJKL
I'M, NOT. OKAY.
AND GUESS WHO LIVES IN LONDON?
THOMAS SANGSTER
THERE'S A V SMAL CHANCE THAT I MEET HIM
BUT IT'S A CHANCE
OMG

ANd also, I've updated my phone
so I've got these awesome emojis,
but I'm writing this on my iPad (which isn't updated)

so no cool emojis for now :(

+ p!atd's new song is amazing and brendon is yes

BUT I NEED TO GO NOW BC CLASS STARTS SO
CYA IN THE NEXT CHAPTER👋👋🌚🍂