Darkness

Y/N'POV

"Babe are you ready?" Joe says from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm almost done." I tell him. I turn around and accidentally hit my head on the cupboard. I stretch my arms in the air trying to find the doorknob. I feel it with my hand and then try to get up.

"Y/N are you okay? Do you need help with those stairs?" Joe says. I can hear the nervousness in his voice. I hate that I'm making him worry so much about me.

"Yeah if you want please." I say sadly. I get my white stick and try to exit the room by touching the wall. I then feel Joe's arms on my waist and I feel safe again. He leads me down the stairs, out of the apartment and into his car,

"Thank you so much Joe and I'm sorry you have to do this everyday for me." I say and I can feel the tears already sliding down my cheek.

"Don't you ever say that Y/N you are everything I've ever wanted and god has blessed me with your presence in my life!" He says with joy and then he kisses my lips. I raise my hand and try to find his cheek. When I do, I gently rub my thumb over it. Joe giggles and we stay kissing for a moment.

"Better get going love, we don't wanna be late."He says and starts the car.

"You know you're going to have to go to work by bus eventually like you did before" Joe says quietly.

"Joe? Really?" I say scared and mad at him.

"Babe I just think that you have to be independent. Like the way you used to be. I reckon you should better start taking the bus to feel more free and sure about yourself!" He says.

"Are trying to tell me that you're tired of me or something?" I say

"NO NO NO NO. Babe I love you so much and this is the last thing I would want to do."

"Yeah but I feel abandoned like you don't want to help me anymore." I say

"That's not it and you know it. How many times do I have to tell you that I love you unconditionally." He says with this raspy voice of his.

"Y/N I just think that it would be better if you could take the bus and communicate with people. I can tell the driver to always save you a sit and I'll tag along with you until you can feel that it's okay to be alone. Is this idea okay with you?" Joe says.

"Honestly I see no point in doing this but if that makes you happy I'll do it ." I say with a fake smile on my face.

"I'll be with you the whole time as long as you need me." He says

"Okay. Thank you Joe. I love you." I say

"I love you too Y/N" He says

I'm Y/N and I'm 25 years old and if you haven't realised yet I'm blind. There was an accident in the chemistry lab I work in and now I can see only shapes and colours. My vision is reduced and the only thing that keeps me alive right now is my fiancé Joe. He helps me go to places and I feel like I can see whenever I am around him. Most people feel pity but all that Joe feels is love. He is like a light in all this darkness.

*The next day*
"Joe are you sure you want to do this?" I say as we are ready to climb into the bus.
"Yeah Y/N I'm sure. Don't be scared babe I'm right here with you" He says sweetly.
We get on the bus and pay for a ticket. 
"Hello sir. I'm Joe Sugg and I would like you to please take care care of my girl Y/N who would like to take this bus everyday to work." He says to the person driving the bus. 
"Hey mate I'm Johnny. Don't worry your girl will be safe with me." The driver replies.
"Thank you." Joe says.
We go to our seats and talk until we have to stop in front of  the massive building where I work. Joe takes my hand and leads me to the entrance. Then my friend Jessy comes and I say goodbye to Joe. You may be wondering why would I be working in a lab if I can't see. Well truth is that I have a secretary that helps me do experiments. She writes down the resulted and then we analyze them together.

That kept happening for almost three weeks. I had become great friends with the bus driver and it was like I could see again. One day I decided that I could take the bus by myself! I told Joe that it would be okay if I went alone.
That morning I woke up and I felt confident and sure about myself. Joe walked me to the bus station and once I got in he drove to work. I arrived at work safe and sound. That had been happening for a week when one day Johnny said:
"You know I am honestly jealous of you" I thought it was funny so I laughed.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"Well you have someone that loves you so much." He said

"How do you know?" I asked

"Well everyday for a week now when you get off my bus Your fiancé stands outside the building you enter and he has a big smile on his face. He always waves at me and then he blows you a kiss."
-----------------------------------
Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this! I actually found the idea from a Facebook post.
Please Vote & Comment if you want❤️
~P✌🏼️😄