Home Coming?

Finally. Boots on American soil . He thought to himself as he slid out of his seat on the plane, picking up his ALICE pack and his desert Marpat patrol cap with his dogtags clinking around his neck. He smiled as he noticed a little boy staring him. "Are you in the army?" The kid asked. He couldn't have been more than 6 years old, so he smiled back. "No, I'm in the Marines actually." His Scottish accent broke through his speech. "Your voice sounds funny mister." The little boy laughed softly and playfully. "Why thank you." He smiled as his mother appeared to grab him by the arm. "Cmon Andrew let's not bother this nice man." He smiled at her and she smiled back. "I honestly don't mind ma'am." The two walked away and he slung his bag onto his back with a smile. He was only 17 at the time and he was already back from his first tour of duty. 13 confirmed kills and 21 probable, he sighed as he dreaded the coming Monday, he would begin school that day. He stepped into the terminal, surrounded by Marines and their wives, girlfriends, family. "Wish people missed me that much..." He said quietly to himself, watching his boots hit the tile floors while he walked until someone called his name. "Corporal Daniel Matthews!" He raised his head and turned, seeing his mom, dad, siblings, three of his guy friends and two of his girl friends, Gabriella and Elizabeth. He smiled, running to his mom and wrapping her in a tight hug. He started crying as did she. He silently kissed her head as his dad patted his back. "Welcome home son." He smiled and wiped away his tears for the moment. "Thanks dad." He smiled and turned to his little sister, he lifted her as high as he could, she squealed and laughed. "Higher! Higher!" She screamed softly. "Maybe when we go back home, yeah?" He sat her down, kissing her forehead, then he turned to Mikey, Robbie and Adam. "You dickheads miss me too?" He laughed and pulled all three of them into a hug at the same time, laughing softly. Robbie and Adam were wearing Army Class As, they had joined the Army while he had joined the Marines, the two of them were crying. "Hell yeah I did man. I hope you don't plan on leaving any time soon cause I probably won't let ya." It was Adam, he laughed and rubbed his face as he moved on to Gabriella and Elizabeth. He smiled down at them, looking between their tear-streamed faces. The three had known each other since they were in 6th grade and now they were in their senior year. 6 years and he had never thought they would be there to see him when he had finally came back. He smiled and wrapped them both in a tight hug, holding them tightly he kissed their foreheads and smiled, backing away.
"Y'all wanna go home now?" He said laughing, they all nodded. "I hope my trucks in the parking lot." "It is. I drove it here." It was Gabriella but she went by Gabby. He smiled, "I hope you didn't bang it up too bad." "Just a little muddy love, don't worry." Both her and her sister had boyfriends who despised him with a burning passion, and he knew it too, but he didn't really care too much. They stepped out into the bright sunlight of Northern Oregon, a beautiful state. He smiled and walked to his truck, patting the door.
"I sure did miss this truck." He smiled and got inside the truck, gripping the leather wheel. He smiled and started the truck as the two girls packed into his truck, his family in their Suburban and the three guys in another pick up. "How about y'all follow me, yeah?" He yelled to them as he started the truck and none of them had a problem with it. He smiled and drove out of the parking lot, of course his radio blaring Five Finger Death Punch as usual. He smiled and thought to himself. I'm gonna have some fun since I'm back.