Silence Is Golden

"Another long day working for the council members as their bookkeeper, but I guess one has to say it has its perks, for today I learn that the Equalist, especially its leader are getting stronger in power, Tenzin has a point Republic City has become dangerous for benders, dangerous for my friends and co-workers" thought Merlina as she exited the City Hall thinking about the assignment that was given to her by the council members, which was to try the taverns close by to check if she can find a young woman named Lupita Dalca. Lately on for Merlina, she has been lucky to hear that name being toss around in the City Hall, and also in some meetings she attended. The questions being made in the mind of Merlina was who is this person? Why does Tenzin say her name now with a tone of being a bit peeved? And now Tarrlok, the loud mouth, charismatic water tribe council member is singing praises to this mystery girl, saying how agreeable she was to something the council members were talking about, but why does he have that smug look on his face? Then she growl inside her mind as she thought about that particular council member, Tarrlok, the most manipulative council member that Republic City has ever seen.

As she walked throughout the city, it was getting close to nighttime, but not just yet as there was still natural light from the sun shining down on the city, then after a while she stopped walking and took a deep breath before she enter one of the oldest taverns ever known in Republic city, but before she did so, she look up to the sky, which by now was cover with clouds of swirling colors of reds, oranges, yellow, and as far as the eye can see some dark color clouds as if a storm was probably coming tonight in Republic City. Then she opens the wooden door with intricate designs of flames going all over the door. As she took the first step inside it was dim with just small lamps lighting the way through the hallway, then as she got to the end of the hallway, she saw that she wasn't on the ground level as she look at the scene unfolding below her, tables were filled with people benders and non-benders alike, chattering could be heard throughout the entire place, also she saw people gathering around the bar counter waiting for the drinks, which they order, and no one was paying attention to her going down the stairs, which was totally perfect for her, of course. Then as soon as she hit the last step, her job of finding Lupita started.

As she walked toward the counter, she had to check her feet since she saw two cats, well... to be specific two black pygmy pumas running around close by the counter area, trying to pounce one another. The two cats stopped playing when a young woman's voice sounded out calling them back, which they did, as they did so Merlina turn her head a bit to the voice, who was calling the cats to come back to her, and what she saw was a young woman, who look to be in her late teens or in her early twenties, she was smiling at her two black pumas sweetly, and when Merlina look at her she saw that this girl was born with long legs, a slim body, and her dark, black hair was tied in a ponytail with some of her hair made into braids. She went up to this young woman, who was wearing a pair of red, long pants that was cut to the knee area on both sides of her pants and a red, strapless top.

And then Merlina asked, "Are you Lupita Dalca, by any chance, miss?" as she sat down next to this wonderful, strong looking woman, who was petting one of her puma's, who was called Azula.

Then Lupita looked at this young girl, who was definitely in her late teens and smile as she said to her in a level tone of voice, "Yes I am Lupita Dalca, why do you ask? Miss....?" And looks at Merlina with a slight raised eyebrow and smiling a bit.

"I am Merlina, Tenzin and Tarrlok (growls a bit at the end of Tarrlok's name) sent me, saying that Silence is Golden? Does this sound familiar to you somehow?" asked Merlina smiling a bit nervously at Lupita.

"Yeah that does sound familiar, Merlina, I guess Tenzin and Tarrlok have some other mission assigned to me then, I shouldn't be so surprise, they know that I have been busy with many other missions, but that's enough talk about me, Merlina, it seems like you have the sole honor of going to the Equalist meeting that is happening tonight, and if I know Tenzin and Tarrlok well, your job is to find Korra, the new avatar, I have heard that she just arrived to Republic City, also I am guessing and this is just me guessing the minds of those two council members, they probably also want you to help those who have been capture by the Equalist" said Lupe smiling and in a low whisper tone of voice, to make sure no one heard what she was saying to Merlina.