A Beach

"C'mon, Charlene!" Mackenzie begged a girl named Charlene. "Come to Honi Beach with us!"

"Alright, fine!" Charlene said and went off.

"That makes 17 of us!" Mackenzie proudly muttered to herself, "Oh, hey Emmie."

I noticed everyone was talking about this Honi Beach. What was so popular about it?

"What's up with this Honi beach thing?" I asked curiously.

Mackenzie giggled. "It's the latest trend in hang-out places. I hear there's some really nice forests to hike on.There's like 20 of us going. Wanna come?" she asked.

"I'll think about, 'kay?" I told her. She nodded.

"See ya!" Mackenzie waved as she trotted away.

"Alright, bye Macke-oof!" I dropped my books as someone bumped into me.

"Looks like it's part of our daily routine now, hehe." the boy with the jet-black hair chuckled.

"Hey, Cay!" I greeted him. He smelled good today. Wait, why was I smelling him?

"Hey, Emmie! Have you heard about the Honi beach get-together? Everyone's going!" Caleb pointed out. I wondered if he was going."Are you-er-going?"

"I was just about to ask you that same question, but, um, my best friend told me about it, but I didn't know if 17 people were actually going..." I choked.

"Well, my friend Lars and I are pretty much going." he stated, "Everyone's trying to get as many people to go, the more the merrier, heh." He scratched the back of his neck.

"It sounds like it'd be really fun." my mind was scrambling for words, "Yup."

"So, yep." he murmured as I rocked back and forth. It was quiet for a minute. Then he said quickly, "Do you want to go?"

I stopped rocking and suddenly realized what was happening. What he asking me out? Or was he just inviting me as a friend? Urrrrr, what was happening?

"What do you mean, like... go with you? Like, together?" I had mixed feelings. Ecstatic-ness and confusion.

He scratched his head again. "Not like a date or anything-"

"No, no, of course not! Hehe." I said, "But, sure I'd love to go with you. With 20 other people."

His nervous state turned to relief. "Oh, um, good."

"So when is this thing anyway?" I asked him.

He thought for a minute. "It's, er, tomorrow after school, we're all going straight to Honi beach. Well, you don't have to, I mean, we can go later..."

"We can go right after school. I don't ever have anything to do after school anyway, heh. Yup." I muttered. The school bell rang.

"Oh, well, I'll see you later, then." Caleb waved. I waved back. We walked in different directions.

Off to English class...wait, I have it with Caleb, duh! I strolled next to Caleb.

"Hey! You're back!" Caleb said.

"Yeah, I just realized we have English together so you know..." I laughed voluntarily.

"Yeah." Caleb nodded. Then he half-smiled. I sighed.

~~~~~~

We then got home.

"Wow, you're dating him already?" Mackenzie noted, shocked.

"I'm not dating him. I'm just going somewhere with him. And 20 other people. Wait, how did you know?" I asked. Mackenzie moved her tall self to my bed where I was sitting.