41. Everything Will Be Okay!

Aranya's POV

Stupid cancer cells.
I started to get up but the IV was tugging me to stay in bed. I wanted to chase him so bad. I wanted to tell him that it's okay, that I am okay.
"We got it." Dhoni bhai said all of a sudden. Then all of the boys went out the room and started running after Virat.
I looked up to aunt and saw that she was brawling over there talking to the doctor. "What can we do? We must do something!! Anything! Any treatment!! I don't care how much."
My aunt was in so much pain.
And at the end, I am still what I was from the day I was born: One big nuissance to everyone's life.
I went under my sheets to escape the world. The tears then flowed, and flowed, and flowed. I don't want to die yet, but how can I find strength when I am the reason why the people I get strength from are in pain?
I'll fight this, for me, for aunt, and for Virat.
For Virat...

Virat's POV

I ran and ran until I reached the same strip of the trees where Aru and I were walking. I halted, and I dropped to the ground kneeling. I looked back and realized that I ran at least 5 kilometers. But I wanted to run more, I want to experience more pain so I could forget the fact that Aru has leukaemia.
Just the thought of losing her makes me want to jump of a high building.
"WHY HER?" I shouted in the open air. "OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHY HER?!" I shouted even louder. I was breathing heavily and sweat was dripping off my face. I can see some people staring but who cares.
Next thing I knew I was crying. I sat down on the ground put my knees up and cried. I can't believe it. I can't believe that this has happened to me again. Wait, how selfish of me.
I can't believe this happened again to the one that I love.
Just then I heard foot steps trotting along the pavement. And then a hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked up and saw my friends. I gathered up my strength to stand up.
And one by one they hugged me.
For the first time, it was total silence between the boys and I. But we knew that in that moment, we understood what each other wanted to say.
When it was Dhoni bhai hugging me he said, " Stay strong Cheeku, for her."
Again, the tears are starting to roll. I hugged him tighter and replied, "Why couldn't it be me?"
Dhoni bhai retracted from our hug and gave me a disappointing look. "No Cheeku. Don't be like that."
Rohit also patted my shoulder. "Yeah, don't wish it on yourself. Wish that it never happened to anyone."
Then Raina interjected. "What do you think Aru would feel if you had leukaemia even if she doesn't?"
"Alive." I muttered.
Yuvi bhai then shook his head. "No Vi, she'd probably be the one running all the way here."
I chuckled just the thought of Aru running. "Yeah, but she'd probably stumble five times before reaching this place."
The others also chuckled lightly and started to smile a little.
"She'll get better. And you know her bhai and aunt, they'd do anything for their Aru." Dhoni bhai said and smiled.
'I'll do anything for her. You know that, guys?" I asked them.
They all nodded.
"She wanted to run after you earlier. But you know, she's tied up to all these tubes and stuff." Dhoni bhai said.
She did? That girl was something else. She found out that she had leukaemia and she still worries about me first? I love her.
"Her aunt just texted me. She said they made their way home. They'll just come back for lab tests on the following days." Rohit said while looking at his phone.
"I think what she wants right now is for you to be with her every second of every day Cheeku." Dhoni bhai started to say. He continued, "You know what's funny? I think that's what she's always wanted even when she didn't have leukaemia."
How can this boys make me blush.
"Let's go home guys." I said trying to fix myself.
They all grinned.
And we all did our big massive group hug...