Chapter 42: Plus One

MICHAELS POV

I was sitting in Blackbird studios listing to Nova's album, she is releasing it within the hour.

People been going crazy on social media waiting on it. Over the past week her band has really been growing on me. Butcher is the coolest fuck ever he is up for anything you throw at him. Beatleman is just the most country dude you will ever find, he is growing that beard out even more makes me want to but I don't think I could pull it off.

She sat there just jamming to her own sound which is the most amazing thing as a writer, when you can really appreciate music you made.

I still really feel like a dick for lying to her, I have been doing something everyday to make her happy, something we wouldn't normally do. Last night I took her out riding around in the truck through some back roads. She starting to pick up on that I'm trying to make it up to her.

I can't wait for Lizzy to come stay with us in a few days, I love kids and as bad as I want one I can't have one right now. Being able to treat her like my kid will be awesome plus the girl has a big personality.

"This is potential right here Nov you could work death metal" Butcher said as Mortar Face came on

" They made us label the album other cause there are like 6 genres in it haha" she was very right with that one

You can't tell that this album is Nova, when you know her as well as I do this explains her completely. These something on the album you could mosh to and something you could cry too.

This girl will be bigger than me given a few months

NOVAS POV

The album just went up.... At first I was scared at first but I gave it 15 minutes and social media blew up with all kinds of amazing comments about how no one expected it to be this good, how unique it is.

I gave thanks to everyone who ever made an impact on my life in the album cause without everyone I would not be sitting in our home studio watching people react to my album.

"I'm soo proud of you baby girl" Wayne walked over hugging me, I would not be here if not for him

Right then my phone rang it was JJ

-he
-- oh my gosh, nova!!! Now! It's happening now!!
-what? What's happening now?
--I'm in labor!! The baby is coming!!!
-on my way!!

I hung up and froze for a second... Holy shit!! Everyone looked at me probably wondering what's up

"Ahhh JJ's in labor!!" I screamed jumping up

"Serious?" Wayne said

"Yes!! We have to go now!!" I ran up stairs grabbing a few things before me and Michael hopped in the truck headed for the hospital

She is 3 weeks early! She said she would but I didn't actually think it would happen! I'm so happy and excited but also kinda scared.

We drove a little above the speed limit to get there quicker

"You know your a great friend to JJ right? She used to have like no friends" I did know that

"Yeah she's like the sister I never had before I found out I had 2" it was really weird how that worked out

"Jez praying for them don't even wanna know their stress" I said out loud