The wedding

(This is a continuation of "Engaged") 

"We'll have to invite my sister, of course," Cullen sighed. "Even if we didn't she'd find out somehow," he added as he paced in front of his desk.

"Yes, and my siblings as well. Jax, Kelly, Kaiden, and Charlie. Also my parents, your parents and the advisors. Also Dorian, Bull, Varric, Cole, Sera, Vivienne, Blackwall and Sol-" Nikol said, scribbling each name onto a guest list on Cullen's desk but pausing when she realized Solas would not be attending their wedding after all.

"This wedding is going to be very interesting with that group," Cullen mentioned cautiously. "And I'm sorry, I know you wanted to have Solas there. Perhaps he'll catch word some other way?"

"Oh I know very well what we'll be getting into. -Oh, Gracie Hawke will get an invitation as well.-I'll have plenty of guards there to keep them in line, though. Anyone else you need to invite? Friends from the order, perhaps?" she said dismissing the fact that Solas even existed anymore.

"Maybe my friend from initiation? I haven't spoken with him in some time, but we were good enough friends. The name is Preston Fieldston."

Nikol finished up the guest list and smiled, satisfied with the product. She was startled when Cole suddenly appeared out of nowhere, sitting on the desk before her.

"Are you getting married?" he asked. Cullen, whose hand had instinctively gone to his sword, sighed in relief.

"Cole, dear, what did we discuss about poofing? And also sitting on tables," Nikol asked as Cole obediently stepped onto the floor.

"I heard you both. You're getting married aren't you?" he asked again.

"Well, y-yes Cole but you mustn't tell anyone yet! We haven't even told our families of the engagement. Understand?" Nikol begged. Cole nodded.

"If it help, I won't tell."

"Good. Thank you Cole. Oh and while you're here I have a very special job for you. She pulled a book from the drawer of the desk. It was her personal sketchbook. She opened it to a marked page with some sketches on it. She pointed on in particular out to him.

"This is the flower crown I'd like to wear when I get married to Cullen. Would you make it for me, please?" she asked sweetly. She adored Cole. She admired his existence. He lived to help people. There could be no nobler cause.

"Yes, I can do that. It will make you happy. Beautiful woven flowers sitting atop her glowing head. She's been waiting for this day since she was a young girl dancing in a blue silk dress-"

"Yes, Cole! Thank you," she cut in before he could say something embarrassing in from of Cullen. With that, Cole was gone in a poof. Cullen smirked at her.

"Most anticipated day?" he asked. She groaned and closed her sketchbook, stashing it back in the drawer.

"Yes of course, you big Nug. Come on, what young girl doesn't dream of her wedding day?" she defended. Cullen chuckled and left the topic alone. Instead, he questioned her about the sketchbook, which he had only seen glimpses of. She liked to carry it around sometimes, but usually while she was in Skyhold it was kept out of sight.

"Your drawing book. You drew your flower tiara inside?"

Nikol turned a light shade of pink.

"Well, yes. I draw what's on my mind. There's a lot of drawing in there actually, I'll need to get a new book soon."

"I'd love to see it some time. That is- if that's alright with you of course," he mentioned.

"Perhaps. I'll have to think on it," she teased, returning her attention to writing out invitations.