Alive

Willow opened her eyes. Everything was foggy. She looked around her, and saw that a few other people were stirring, among them a dark skinned girl and a light haired boy. And Vi! Willow sat up and looked over at her dad.

His neck had snapped completely and his head was rolled back at an impossible angle. She felt tears filling her eyes as she woke Vivian, careful not to let her see their father.

A flight attendant stepped out into the aisle. She was shaking visibly, and Willow noticed that she was also crying.

"Can everyone who is... capable please step out into the aisle?" the girl asked, and Willow saw that she was not too much older than her. Tears poured out of her eyes, but she pulled Vi out of her seat and into the aisle. She saw about six or seven other people, all around her own age, joining the flight attendant.

The flight attendant pointed to her name tag. "I'm India, and everyone else on this plane is dead."

This made Willow and Vi cry harder, and Willow knew she wasn't the only one. The dark skinned girl she'd seen before said, "You're the flight attendant. How do we know you didn't sabotage the plane?"

India looked shocked. "My brother Samuel was on this flight," she said, pushing her blond hair out of her face. "Do you really think I would do that? Plus, I was cleaning up someone's puke," she said, glaring at a boy who looked about ten.

The girl looked satisfied. Apparently she hadn't lost anyone, though she looked shaken.

"We should go around and say our names and ages," India said.

The puke kid snorted. "Like a name game? How old are we?"

"That's a good question," India said. "How come everyone who survived is a kid? And how are we even alive in the first place? We survived a twenty thousand foot drop. I bet none of you could survive a twenty foot drop... except maybe you," she said, pointing at a dark haired girl in a leather jacket. She sounded almost cocky. The other girl cracked her knuckles.

"Are you saying you could?" Willow asked, squeezing Vi's hand.

"Sure," India said. "Couple of broken bones, but I'd do it. Anyway," she brought the conversation back around, "I'm India, and I'm nineteen. You?" She pointed to the dark skinned girl.

"I'm Lily, and I'm fourteen," the girl said, smiling. She pointed to the girl next to her, who was pale and had shockingly blue eyes. "And this is May, who's also fourteen. She's dumb."

"Seriously?" India said. "Nice friend."

Lily flushed. "Actually, she's my adopted sister, and she's literally dumb. She can't talk." May nodded and waved, then said something to Lily in sign language. Lily nodded. "Alright, let's keep going," she said, turning to Willow.

"I'm Willow, and I'm thirteen. And this is my sister Vivian, who's eight." Willow turned to the light haired boy she'd seen before, who was definitely cute. Not the time, Willow, not the time! she thought.

"I'm Daniel," the boy said with a smile and a wink towards Willow. Oh my god! He winked at me! "And I'm also thirteen."

India nodded. "Puke boy?" she said.

Puke boy scowled. "I'm Patrick, and I'm ten. Not 'puke boy'."

Indiana smirked. "Can I call you Puketrick?"

Puketrick glared at her. "No."

The "leather coat dark hair twenty foot jump" girl rolled her eyes. "I'm Jennyfer. Seventeen. Make a nickname, and I'll kill you." She turned to the boy next to her. "And this is my boyfriend Adam, who's eighteen."

India looked vaguely impressed. She turned to the last boy, who was on crutches. "You?"

"I'm Reese," the boy said, waving a little. "And I'm eleven." So Vi was the youngest. Willow was about to say something when the back of the plane caught on fire— then went out just as quickly.

"What was that?" Willow asked, freaked out.

India looked scared. "I— I think that was me."

"Why? Did Puketrick's barf catch on fire?" Jennyfer asked. Patrick played it safe and ignored her.

"No, I..." India looked nervous, and tossed her blond hair over the back of her blue flight attendant costume. "As weird as it sounds, I think I just made that happen. I felt it."

Reese looked excited. "Does this mean we have super powers?"

May signed something to Lily. "I mean, we did survive a two thousand foot fall," Lily said, but they all were freaked out. First the crash, then the deaths, and now this? That isn't even possible, Willow thought.

Vi smiled. "Can we have super hero names?" she said. The younger kids were sort of just accepting it. The others were clearly freaked out.

"No. We obviously don't have super powers, that's bullshit," Jennyfer said firmly as her hand disappeared. Five seconds later, the rest of her did too. "I mean, come on," she continued. "This is real life, not some fantasy. Hate to break it to you."

It was then that she noticed the rest of them staring at her— or, rather, where she had been. "What?" she asked.

"Jennyfer, look," Slowly she faded back into focus, looking confused.

"So, I guess there's your proof," India said.

Jennyfer crossed her arms. "Fine. But no superhero names, got it?"

A/N: If I ever accidentally go into first person sorry, that's how I'm used to writing.