Chapter 2

Well, I finally finished cleaning and I'm exhausted. I jump onto the couch and pull out my, seeing that I have about a good half hour before our "surprise"guests get here.

As I'm scrolling through twitter, I decide to go to the boys' account to stalk them and see if they tweeted anything lately. I go to each account, but unfortunately, there's nothing new going on. I wish they would start doing more twitcams like they used to, but they are really busy with concerts and making albums so I understand why they can't.

As I start scrolling through the rest of the Twitter drama, the door bell rings.  I guess I'm about to find out who the mystery guests are.  My mom rushes to the door to greet them.  Well shes excited.  She opens the door, and greets... Gabe's family! Yay they are the mystery guests!  Once they all come in, I easily spot Gabe.  He's wearing a striped shirt and jeans.  Is it bad that the stripes remind me of Louis?  I swear I relate everything to One Direction.

As they come in and get settled, I become my shy self once again.  Everyone is talking except me, which is no big surprise.  I start paying attention to the conversation.  Nina, Gabe's mom is hilarious. You would think she is always drunk because she's so funny.

I soon excuse myself so I could go to the bathroom. When I get there, I check myslef in the mirror to make sure I look okay and presentable. I make my way back to the table and find that everyone's dying of laughter. Even Gabe is laughing, which doesn't always happen. Soon I start laughing because everyone else is. I laugh at anything and everything, so even if I just see other people laughing, I start to laugh. After a couple of minutes, we seem to migrate to the couch. There's my family on one couch, and Gabes family on the other. Everyone's in their own conversation,  and Gabe and I are quiet. After about 10 minutes, the adults start going into the kitchen to get things ready for dinner. Everyone has left except Gabe and I. Talk about awkward. I try to manage to start a conversation. "So how's school going?" We are both still in school. I'm a senior and he a junior, but we are the same age. He replies saying, "Good. Who'd you have for teachers last year?" "Umm I had Mrs. Blake, Mr. Dorlnate, Ms.Deter, and Mr. Chuda.""Really? I have the same teachers! I can't stand Ms. Deter though. She seriously needs to be fired""Yeah I thought the same too! You guys haven't even started the fun stuff yet, then she really goes crazy" I laugh. "Great," He laughs too. All of a sudden, everyone comes back in to eat dinner. I'm sort of disappointed that we couldn't talk longer. But I'm also really proud of myself. I can never talk to my crush. Well I guess there's a first for everthing, right?