Chapter 15

I knock on the dwarfs door. "Hey, it's me, River." I say. Not even two seconds later the door swings open.

"Hey."

"Hey.

"What are you here for?"

"What I can't just say hi?"

He shakes his head. I giggle. Idiot. That's got to be strange. Right? Ugh. I'm new to this relationship thing.

"So why are you here?" He asks. I explain to him everything about our plan and how we want to make it back to the clan.

"So...will you help us?" I ask. He thinks about it then nods.

"Sure. Why not?"

I smile. "Thank you. I really want them to see that you're not bad." He smiles back.

"Well you should get some rest." He says. I nod.

"If you don't mind me aksing, can I stay here today? My roommates kind of all hate me after I beat them or their friends up when I didn't undestand the wall dwellers..." I stutter. "I mean, you guys. When I didn't undestand you guys."

"Of course you can." He says opening the door wide to let me in. I walk in and look around. Clean is the first word that comes to mind. My germaphobic dwarf.

"Thanks." I say. He nods to respond and I sit down. I hope my group and I can talk the rest of the clan into joining the wall dwellers.

That night as I lay next to him, feeling his warmth I'm hit with one thought. I don't want to leave tomorrow. I want to stay here, not pretending I don't have a relationship. Not having anyone dislike me for it...except maybe Fae.

I don't want to go back to the clan. I want to stay here, with him.

But I can't.

I fall asleep and have a awful dream, the same one from before. The dwarf, the corpses, the clan...all the same. I wake up in a cold sweat and look over at him, still asleep. I can't look at him after the dream. I need to get away.

"I'll be back." I whisper, knowing he can't hear me. I step onto the ground and begin to walk aimlessly around the wall dwellers HQ. I didn't know why, but I had a strange feeling I was being watched.

I stop walking and look around. I almost say 'hello' but I mentally scold myself. 'Bad. No. Idiot. They'll be drawn to you.'

I keep walking, hand close to my side where my knife normally was, but I didn't have it with me now. I still hadn't gotten used to the wall dwellers way of sleeping without weapons close at hand. I was unprotected. If something were to attack right now I'd be unprepared. An easy target.

I quicken my pace and can't shake the feeling that I'm being followed. I stop and the minute I do a gloved hand finds its way over my mouth.

"Don't scream." A hushed male voice whispers, I bite the hand but can't get through the glove. The man chuckles a bit.

"I came prepared...River." my eye widen in shock and I sniff the air, that scent. It can't be. Here in the walls?! How?! But it is...Clan of the Pacific. Out worst rivals. And one of them is inside the walls.

I'm knocked out and when I wake up I'm in a dark room and can't feel anything. I try to move, no use. I sniff the air, the other members of my group are here. I try to speak to them but even my mouth is paralyzed. I can't sign ethier, although I doubt if I could they would see me.

"Finally awake? Now we can start." The males voice says. "As you know, our clans have never gotten along well. When I heard that you too have found the walls, well I had to take my opertunity to kill you. Maybe though, I thought, maybe, you could instead lead me to your clan. Then. Then I could kill them all.

He walks into the light smiling evily. "I heard your conversation with Levi, about how you're going to your clan? You'll take me there, and I'll let you live." I spit in his face.

"Fuck you!" I'm able to say. He scowls at me.

"Then maybe I should kill you and ask one of your friends." He growls. I hear Stream speak not to far from me.

"River don't!" There isn't hesitation in her voice and I wonder if her paralysis isn't as bad.

"Tic tok River. He's going to wake up soon and find that you're not there. What's it going to be? Be there for him and take me to the clan, or I tell him that you never loved him and left during the night with your group here."

I know who's he talking about, the dwarf. But...my group doesn't know.

"River...who?" Stream says. Then Foal speaks up, straining obviously to even audiate a few syllables.

"River...don't do it. We can...fight!" I don't listen. I know we can't. Not like this. I sigh and look down.

"F-Fine." I spit through gritted teeth. He smiles.

"Then we have a deal. I'll just keep one of your friends here, the one that won't be missed, Night. No one will really notice if he's not there, they barely knew he was in the group. You know, just to keep you honest."

He grabs my arm and stabs a needle into me. I shriek in the pain.

"Quit your whineing." He spits. I bite my lip and soon the paralysis leave me. I feel my wrists, sore from not being bent that long.

"How do you know I won't fight now?" I growl.

"Because your friends are still paralyzed. Hurt me and I kill them." I glance at them and click my tongue.

"Fine."

"Now go!"

I left the room and ran to the dwarf.

"Wake up!" I screatch. He wakes up startled.

"River? What's wrong?"

"Some dude, a soldier I think he took my group, he said that if we wanted Night to live that we had to take him to the rest of the clan." I say, my voice panicked.

"Hey, shh, slow down. It's ok. Tell me exactly what happened, start from the beggining."

I take a deep breath. "It went for a walk to clear my head after a bad dream and I was knocked out, I woke up paralyzed with my group next to me in the same state. The man kept Night, he is from clan of the Pacific, our enemy. He says that if we don't take him to the clan then he will kill Night."

"Then take him to the clan."

"What?! I can't! He'll kill them! Remember the arrows we have? They were pacific technology, they in return stole some gun prototypes we had. The clans have hated each other ever sense."

"Then what will you do?"

I look at him, tears and fear in my eyes. "I don't know."

A/N:sorry for the short chapter! I just felt like this was a nice place to end it.