Chapter Thirteen

Tyler and I spent the afternoon watching DVDs which I had gone out and rented. His reasoning,

"It's for when it comes out in three years and all my friends will be asking 'Have you seen that new film yet?' and I can be all like 'Pfft, of course, haven't you?'" Yeah, I live with an idiot. Nonetheless I rented five weekly rentals which were cheap but still out after 2008. While I was getting the DVDs I had run into Derek.

"Rose! Fancy meeting you here"

"Oh hey Derek" I couldn't help but feel a bit nervous after Tyler's warning but I tried to act normal.

"Watching those alone?"

"Actually, no, with my flatmate"

"Oh, you have a flatmate? I hope he's not a hot guy" I forced a laugh along with Derek, actually he's a 'smoking hot' guy according to me, I thought, genuinely smiling this time.

"Actually I waswondering if tomorrow-" Derek was cut off by my cellphone ringtone. I apologised and then pulled it out to see the display name 'Tyler'. I slide the icon to answer the phone and put it to my ear,

"Hello?"

"Hey Rose, it's me, Tyler, the other one" I turned my back on Derek and walked a few steps away.

"Oh hey, what's up?" It felt weird talking to him, it would take a lot of getting used to.

"Hey, I want to take you out tomorrow night if that's ok with you"

"Uh, is that alright? Will he let you?" I had yet to find out who he was.

"He doesn't need to know. Rose, I want to cheer you up because I know today has been a bit hard on you" You could say that again.

"Well I guess I do need cheering up. Ok what time and where?"

"I will pick you up at seven at your apartment. I'm looking forward to it," I smiled,

"Me too, see you tomorrow" And with that I hung up. I walked back to Derek,

"Sorry about that. What were you saying?"

"No problem. I was just wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me tomorrow" Was he asking me out on a date?

"I'm sorry, Derek, but I already have plans"

"Oh, that's too bad, maybe next time aye. Anyway, I should go. See you at school tomorrow" With that he hurried off. I felt a bit guilty just blowing him off like that, but what could I really do about it?

As I walked out of the video store I was sure I saw the face of a familiar man with blue eyes and black hair sitting in a car not too far away but before I could get a closer look, he drove off. So that's why he asked me out, I thought, amused.

Once I got home, Tyler had bought us some popcorn and beer-the essentials for watching movies in New Zealand.

"Good idea on the beer"

"What better way to forget your sorrows than by drowning them"

"You are so wise, Tyler" I spoke, pretending to look at him with respect, "Now let's enjoy our Sunday by drinking, eating popcorn and watching movies" With that Tyler and I settled down and started enjoying our Sunday.

A few hours later and a few dozen beers later, I felt my eyes closing. If I wasn't talking whilst drinking, I easily fell asleep. I didn't really notice I had fallen asleep until I felt myself being carried bridal style to my bedroom. Tyler gently laid me down onto my bed and for some reason I pulled him down to me,

"Don't let me sleep alone tonight" I mumbled, keeping my eyes shut and not really thinking of the consequences this might bring. I heard Tyler chuckle and move into the bed next to me,

"Anything for you my drunken princess"

So how was it?

Three chapters in one day! I'm quite proud of myself! Hope you are enjoying it!

Thanks for all the support and voting! I probably won't upload for a few more days so please be patient..I will try my hardest!!

Please vomment!!