Another Memory

I gathered up my books as the bell rang for the end of class. As I walked down the hallway my friend Alyssa joined me
"Finally, the weekend!"she sighed
"Why does there have to be five days in a week but only two in a weekend?"
"Dunno."I replied as my phone pinged. I took it out and read the text.
"Whositfromwhatsitsay?" Alyssa demanded
"It's from G, he says he has a surprise for me."
"Ah yes. The mysterious 'G'. The boyfriend you won't tell me about EVEN though I'm your BEST friend!" she whined
"Lyss, I said I'd tell you" I answered her.
"Yeah, but why not right nowwww??"she complained as we arrived at our lockers.

"Because." I told her as I put in my code.   I opened my locker and smiled. Inside was the leather jacket I knew so well. I took it out and pulled it on.
"Wha...?" Alyssa trailed off
"He's here." I said simply
"What? Here? In school? Now? Is that his? How was it in your locker? Are you gonna meet him? Can I come?" She asked in one breath.
"Whoa, whoa  slow down!" I laughed "Yes, it's his. I guess he's still here, or he wouldn't  have left this. He knows my code, that's how it was in my locker. I've no idea where in school he is, but he'll probably turn up somewhere obvious. Yes you can meet him. Now, can we please stop with the questions?".
She giggled and answered
"Okay. It's just that I'm excited to finally meet the elusive 'G', I was almost starting to doubt his existence!" We both laughed at that and headed towards the front doors. 

As we emerged into the playground I noticed that there were hushed groups forming around one of the many tables dotted across the yard, though no one was going near the table in question.
"Look there's people at the table!" Alyssa whisper-shouted, pointing. "I wonder who..." She muttered. "Let's go see!" I suggested, though I had a feeling I knew who it was. I grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the table. As we reached the edge of the circle surrounding the table we were able to see the four people at it more clearly. Alyssa stopped dead. She gasped "Is that...?"
"My Chemical Romance." I breathed.

And it was. Frank was sitting with his back to the others, facing the school and staring at the ground with his sunglasses on. Mikey, also wearing his sunglasses, was looking away from the school, watching the cars leave through the school gates. Ray was facing the school and scanning the crowds that were pouring out the doors. And Gerard was sat on the table, staring at his shoes, a forlorn expression on his face. I grinned. I said to Alyssa "Sorry, gotta run!" and, turning, broke the unspoken perimeter of the ever-growing circle.

As I stepped forward Ray saw me and tapped  Gerard on the leg. Gerard looked up immediately. His face lit up when he saw me. Our eyes locked for a second. Then I ran towards him as he hopped off the table. He caught me and spun me around before placing me back on the ground and giving me a quick peck on the lips. I giggled and hugged him.
"I missed you" he whispered to me. "I missed you too" I smiled back at him, we hugged for a moment when,
"Lyssa!" I remembered. I turned around to find her exactly where I had left her, apparently stunned into silence by what had just happened.

I waved her over.
"Seriously?!" she muttered to me as she joined us. I shrugged and Gerard extended his hand, smirking
" Hi, I'm Gerard Way, (y/n)'s boyfriend." She shook his hand and smiled weakly.
"Mikey" said Mikey extending a hand. Ray waved and nodded
"Ray Toro".  Frank started
"Frank Iero, nice to meet you....." "Alyssa Hayes." She finished smiling. Then she turned to me.
"So," she began mischievously "when I asked if you liked My Chemical Romance, why'd you say no?" Gerard fake-gasped and pretended to look hurt 
"You don't like My Chemical Romance?" He demanded. I laughed and swatted him playfully "It was a ruse." I said "I thought that if I said yes you'd start a conversation about it and I might let something slip, I just didn't want to ruin the surprise." "InGEniOUS!" Cut in Frank " But, people are starting to get curious and if we get mobbed we'll never make it to our gig on time.." We all laughed and I answered him "Should have thought of that before you decided to pick me up at school!"
"We didn't have much choice, SOMEONE was lovesick." Mikey grumbled.
"Doesn't matter." hummed Ray  "Let's go." 

Gerard draped his arm around my shoulders as we started to walk towards the car park.
"Oh, and (y/n)?" Alyssa called out after us.
"Yeah?" I called back.
"I want a t-shirt."
"Of course!" I laughed. I turned back around and Gerard poked my nose and said
"Guess how we're getting to the concert?"
"I dunno, tour bus?" I replied
"No"
"Ok. Helicopter maybe?"
"Nuh-uh"
"Umm, Segways?"
"Nope!"
"What then?" I asked.
"The Killjoys' car." He answered as it came into view.  It was the awesome vehicle from one of the band's music videos. It had a large spider with a lightning bolt on its abdomen spray-painted on the hood and the words 'Look Alive, Sunshine' scrawled across the boot, as well as a number of other cool designs.
"No way!" I squealed "Dibs shotgun!"  Gerard smirked
"Well, I'm driving which means you three are in the back!" He said turning to Frank, Ray and Mikey, who all fake-groaned. We got in and Gerard backed out. But before he could go anywhere Mikey said "Hold on a sec I need to do something". He pulled a megaphone out from under it and stood up on the back seat. People were still watching us from the yard, the carpark and even the school football pitch. The megaphone crackled to life. "KILLJOYS MAKE SOME NOISE" Mikey yelled into the speaker grill. A third of the onlooking crowd erupted into cheers and yells, whilst the other part stood, confused by the choice of words. We all laughed and I cheered as Mikey sat down and we sped off down the road towards the stadium. 

By the time the sun had started to set we were about halfway there. Mikey, Ray and Frank were deep in conversation about something or other. I looked over at Gerard and saw him smiling to himself, watching the road.
"Thanks for the jacket" I said "I wouldn't feel punk enough to be your girlfriend without it."
"I think you're punk enough already" He replied. After a moment of silence I asked
"Why me? I mean there are so many other, prettier girls out there. So, why me?". He looked over at me, serious now
"Firstly, to me, YOU are the most beautiful girl in the world. Secondly, even though you're astoundingly beautiful, it was the you on the inside that I fell in love with. That and all the little things, your laugh, the way you smile when you think no one's looking, the way you absentmindedly drum your fingers on things while you wait, how you love the smell of fresh grass, or the sound of a stream. Little things like that."  

I looked at him, the light from the setting sun seeming to set his hair on fire, a small smile playing on his lips, the evening shadows softening his handsome features, and I smiled.

Breaking the silence he said
"Also, no matter what they say, I don't think anyone could put up with me as well, or for as long, as you do. I can be quite childish" "Quite? I would've said very." "Don't push your luck" We both laughed.
"Put the radio on!" Frank interrupted  and I switched it on, flicking through channels until I recognised a song.
"So who knows this one?" I asked turning it up.*WHERE, WHERE WILL WE STAND* sang the radio *WHEN ALL THE LIGHTS GO OUT ACROSS THESE CITY STREETS*. I glanced over at Gerard and saw that he was nodding along to the beat and mumbling the words.
"Where were you when all of the embers fell?" I prompted.
"I still remember them" Frank continued. Soon we were all singing loudly and, in my case, a little out of tune.
I placed my hand on Gerard's and he looked over at me. *IF THERE'S A PLACE THAT I COULD BE* He flipped his hand so that our fingers interlocked. *THEN I'D BE ANOTHER MEMORY*
"Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me." He sang looking deep into my eyes.

I smiled at him.

He smiled back.

So that was my first imagine, feel free to comment on anything or not, whichever... I mean it's not like I'm a socially deprived weirdo who needs more friends or anything. Heh Heheh..

(y/n) stands for "your name".

The picture is them when they're waiting at the bench.

Stay Beautiful. Keep It Ugly.

-thnksfrthTARDIS