6 ; stars+clouds | grimes

this takes place when they were at the prison. and ik there wasn't a lake or anything but im making it up because yolo

It was midnight and you two were watching the stars on a bench by the lake. You two wanted to get away from everything for a bit. There has been a big tension between the group lately. The only time you could genuinely smile was with Carl.

"I see the Big Dipper." Carl whispers, pointing up to the sky, smiling at the tiny stars. "Pretty, huh?"

"Yeah." you said looking over at how he amazed at the stars.

"I never get to do this anymore." Carl whispered, still looking up. "Ever since this happened, I've always been tired from running and starving. I would spend hours just walking in silence with the group. So every night, I try to stay up and watch the stars. But I would just fall asleep because I was exhausted. Than when I wake up, I would be disappointed that I couldn't see those stars shine.

He stopped, looking down at his feet and than up at you. His blue eyes met yours. The stars made them sparkle, causing you to grin.

"But than I met you." he smiled. "Every day, I would wake up to you. Every night, I fall asleep next to you, and you are so much more beautiful than the stars in the sky." he smiled, hugging you closer to him.

"I will always love you, no matter how gray the sky gets or how dull the stars start to shine." he continued. "You are my world. You are the reason I'm happy. You're the reason I'm still trying to survive. Thank you so much for trying. Thank you for trying for me. You're such a strong, brave, independent little human in such a big world."

You looked up at him, he had bags under his eyes, on the verge of falling asleep.

"Sometimes I wish I lived on the clouds, so all my worries would go away. Than I can see the stars better. I can lay on the fluffy clouds and just fall asleep without worrying about a walker eating me."

He rested his head on yours, taking a pause before speaking again. "I've done a lot of things to make the process faster. But, I met you. I can't take you to the clouds with me. But you're my #1. You're my babygirl, I can't leave my babygirl. I love you." Carl smiled, letting out a small yawn.

"Hey." you smiled. "I love you too." You pecked him on the lips, than holding his hand to help him walk back to fall asleep, under the stars.

im so sorry it's short but this was tHE CUTEST THING I EVER WROTE OMG

leave a request so i know what to write next :-)

okay ilysm bye bye