Chapter 1: Get Used To It

Standing here, in the middle of Music Room #3, the famed home of the Host Club, you didn't understand a thing of what was going on. Girls (practically) filled every nook and cranny of the room, their shrill screams ringing in your ears from all directions.

How were you supposed to take photos in this atmosphere? It'll be impossible to get a nice shot with all these girls crowding around the subjects- even a profile shot is out of the question.

And, it seemed, that the subjects at hand, were completely immune to the almost unbearably loud 'adoration' they were receiving from every-which-way. In some sense, you almost started to admire them to be able to stand such an atmosphere for... 5 hours a day (according to the clubs schedule you were handed).

But, despite these facts, you were at least going to try. Without pushing the girls away of course- that would bring all of their attention to you, which was the one thing you were trying not to do.

You see, being vice-president of the photography club surely had its perks- respect among the artisan's of the school and a little bit of favoritism when it neared school portrait day. Even after the two years of attending this school, they still hadn't seemed to understand that you don't actually take any portraits for school portrait day- that's left to the professionals.

But then came the bad part- any work the president couldn't do, or simply didn't want to do, was left to you. This, being one of them. At first, you had wondered why he really, really didn't want to do this job- and now, standing here, you understood. You just wanted to get out of here- maybe you could get one of the newbies to do it--

"Hello~!" One of the 'Hosts' jumped next to you, his arms wrapped around a pink bunny in a rather adorable manner which brought a small smile to your face- it was hard not to. Before any of the girls could run toward him, you brought your camera up to your face and with a 'click', you caught a picture of him smiling. You brought it away from your face, and looked at the picture proudly- it looked adorable with his earnest smile. Then you remembered he was standing right in front of you. His smile had washed away into slight confusion, making you feel a little embarrassed.

"Ah, my name is [Y/N]. I'm the Vice-President of the Photography club and well, I've been told I have some work to do here?" Girls turned to with slight hostility in their eyes as the Host you presumed to be Mitsukuni Haninozuka leaded you toward the Vice-president of the club, which you knew was Kyoya Ootori.

You greeted each other, before Kyoya told everyone that the Host Club was closed for the evening. Girls filed out the room in messy lines, eyes watching you with hostile curiosity. Then you were left alone in a room with 6 Host Club members, one of which you were seriously considering a girl. They seemed to be waiting for you to introduce yourself, so you did.

"Hi! My name is [Y/N] [L/N]." You give a small wave toward them, when the member you knew to be Haruhi Fujioka (whom also seemed to be a female) seemed to recognise your name. Maybe she knew your father?

Soon later, you had all formally introduced each other, and Kyoya was about to give you your task when you realised something- the president wasn't here.

"Excuse me, Mr. Ootori, but I can't see your club's president in attendance?" It was school policy that I couldn't sign onto any task unless both club presidents agree and sign the contract- everything at this school was really over-the-top and formal.

It didn't match you that well, making you always seem awkward toward everyone.

Kyoya sighed in annoyance, making you feel like you had done something wrong. He was kind of scary- you hadn't seen this side of him, and it looked like it was s side of him he didn't want getting exposed. Photography does teach you a lot about body language and how to interpret it.

Mitsukuni (or, as he preferred you to call him, Honey) spoke up from his place next to the window, his cake now half-way finished.

"Tama-chan is coming... With flowers." Takashi (Or, as Honey told you to call him, Mori) nodded toward the window in agreement with Honey. Haruhi sighed from her seat in-between the twins who seemed completely immersed in two separate puzzles you knew were available as 'freebies' at supermarkets.

This club didn't seem like a normal club- the ones you were used to. This one had obvious tension in the air- but somehow seemed to get past that... In some way, they looked like family, and something told you you shouldn't get involved.

"I'M HERE!" The Host Club's president- the famed Tamaki Suoh burst through the doors, petals of different types of flowers falling to the ground and onto his shoulders- a couple petals even reaching your lap.

You looked up from your lap and saw the club's president covered in dirt with numerous bouquets of flowers in his hands. You blinked before smiling slightly- he seemed almost like a child who had been caught on his way to steal some cookies. Kyoya sighed once again, wrote something in his book and pushed up his glasses.

"Go get changed Tamaki." Kyoya spoke like a frustrated mother, which only made you smile more. You saw Kyoya turn to you quickly, and you muffled your smile.

"Apologies Miss. [Y/N]." He said sincerely, and you smiled toward Kyoya.

"No, no- it's alright." You giggled slightly at the sight of the twins poking and laughing at the dirt covered Tamaki. This place was kind of amusing- it didn't make you feel pressured at all.

You felt like you'd like this place.

Tamaki left to change into a spare uniform and came back quickly afterwards. He signed the contract, handed you some flowers, and you stood up and shook hands with Kyoya and Tamaki.

You were about to the leave the room, before you remembered something. You spun around on your heels.

"Uhm, I forgot to ask... How long will this contract last for?" You asked Kyoya who glanced upward from his laptop with an unreadable expression.

"Four months." Four MONTHS?!

"Oh.. Uh... Okay.... Well... Bye..." You slipped out the door awkwardly and sighed heavily. A couple weeks? Fine. A month? You could handle the Host club for a month easily. But four months? That was going to get old fast.

You made your way to your locker and collected your bag, eventually walking outside and toward your ride home- a bike. It was a pretty nice bike by your standards- it was [F/C], so that was nice.

You raced home, your hair waving slightly in the wind as you turned sharply around corners- while humming your favourite song the entire time. It took you about 15 minutes to get home, and as soon as you entered, you ran up to your room and started studying.

Your mom didn't save up all of that money just for you to slack off on your school-work, even if you did have a half-scholarship.

~

A/N: Hi! I'm sorry if the quality isn't that good- I'm not that good. If there's anything you'd like me to add, I'll do it! A few things will be explained soon (I won't leave things unexplained for ages, promise... Except maybe one thing- it'll be helpful for the plot) don't worry.

This was all written for one of my best friends, Audrey, whom I had gotten into Ouran High School Host Club. Me and Her (Sorry if that's incorrect grammar) and another one of my best friends all talk about OHSHC all the time.

I ship her and Tamaki (trust me, they'd be so freakin' adorable together) and so, I'm basically writing this for her. I never write Character X OC's, mainly because I don't have any OC's and also because I find them a bit annoying- not that I'll hate you if you write them, no, that is definitely not the case.

I'm so nervous about the response to this... Well, anyway, I hope it was alright at least... See you soon- unless it's really bad and you want me to re-write it.. I can do that...

:D