Chapter 5

Rosalie’s POV (at the party until the day they become friends)

The moment Sky turned around without saying goodbye my heart seemed to crash into pieces. But why? I like girls not guys but Skylar has something that makes him different I just don’t know what it is yet. His pitch black hair is even darker as the night and his green eyes are just perfect. When he locked them with mine I was unable to look away. I couldn’t think of anything else but him. Shit what is happening with me. A gay girl turning straight that would be something new. Not like all the other stories about straight ones turning gay.

But I know that I’m not straight, not even bi. The thought of doing it with a guy grosses me out. I mean just think of the thing between their legs – eww. So why am I not grossed out by Sky? He’s different yes but he’s a guy nonetheless! I didn’t know what to do so I told him there is no chance for him but was it the truth? The hurt in his eyes let me feel guilty instantly.  I wanted to go after him but when I ran after him I realised that I didn’t know what I should tell him – I would have possible hurt him even more and that was the last thing I wanted to do so I just went home.

I laid in bed the whole night not able to fall asleep. I thought of Skylar the whole night and one hour before I had to get up again to go to school a thought came to my mind. I can’t be together with him but I can’t be without him either so I decided to ask him to be friends. So I don’t have to stay away from him and can do something with him. Just don’t date him.

I wanted to apologize and ask him to be just friends the next day at school but he wasn’t there. You want to know why he wasn’t at school that day? I’d like to know that too. I tried to ask Liam his best friend but when I asked him he just glared at me angrily and I ran away as quickly as possible. I’m not a pussy but Liam is one hell of a guy. Normally he’s one of the nicest people I know but when he’s angry you better don’t be near him. The only thing I don’t understand is why he was angry at me.

We came along just great at the party I thought we could be friends. Won’t happen anymore I guess. I didn’t do anything to him why could he possible hate me now? Until… wait I guess it’s because I rejected Sky. I hate myself for it but what should I have done? The thought of doing anything with boys grosses me out and he would have wanted to do sexual things with me sooner or later. Why can’t they understand what it is like for me? The way Liam looked at me scared me. He looked like he was ready to kill me. And that only because I’m a lesbian and didn’t want to go with his best friend? Seems like he overreacts a bit doesn’t it?

After the incident I searched for Leo and Adam. They had to know where Skylar is too. When I saw them standing at the other end of the hall I quickly went to talk to them. Before I got to them Leo turned around and glared at me just like Liam did not too long ago. What is it with them? I decided that it would be the best not to go near them and when the bell rang I hurried to my next class.