Chapter 1: I moved on

-2 years later-

The sun was burning my skin, as i turned to chapter 21 of my new book i was reading, called "Learning to Love Again". God knows why i was reading it. I was never going to fall in love again. I promised myself that. After what happened to years ago i would never get into a relationship again. I would grow old, adopt a few kids and have 5 cats. Sad i know.

Suddenly, i was hit by a light dusting of sand covering me, so i closed my book and sat up to look who did the crime. 

"Megan, what is wrong with you, i just put sun cream on!" I laughed, brushing the sand off, and giving my best friend the evils. Supprisingly, me and Megan hated eachother when we first met. She was Charlie's girlfriend for a while. She was the girl he cheated on with. They went out for about half a year, whilst i went into deep depression. It may seem like this is all childish, but i really did love him. For the 5 months we went out, he was caring, kind, and sweet. He made me fall for him, and he loved it. He used me. And then after that i decided that nothing mattered anymore. I had lost everything. I lost all my real friends because of him. I lost my parents. All because of him. And then one day, when i was on my way to the supermarket, i spotted a girl crying behind the shop. 

-Flashback-

"Brookee, is that you" She wailed. "Please help me"

"You don't deserve my help" I spat. "You took everything away from me, you and lover boy that is" 

"Please, just listen to me"

"NO, i want nothing to do with you"

"Ivee...been..ra-" I didnt want to listen to the rest, so i began to walk away, but she wouldnt let me go, she tugged on my trouser, shaking as she did. I looked down, and saw cuts all up her arm. Looking at her face more closly enabled me to see burises and scars fading. "Pleaase, i need help" She moaned

"What happned to you?" I asked, kindly, giving in to her plead, seeing as she looked like a zombie.

"Charlie, he...raped..he raped me." She whispered, crouching over in pain, as she revealed more bruises along her back.

"Omg Megan...im so sorry, are you okay??" She let out a small scream, telling me no, she was not ok. "Okay, im gonna call you an ambulance" I said, and pulled out my phone and dialled 999.

It took about 15 minutes for the ambulance to arrive, which was a relief since Megan started to get in more pain. She wouldn't tell me what happened so i didn't know how he hurt her. All i knew know is that he has taken away nearly every girls dignity and pride in this school, and it made me sick. I was starting to believe all boys were like this. 

Megan had been wheeled onto the van, and i was told that i could go with her to the hospital. But i declined as i felt it was awkward, and it disgusted me to think that he hurt her like that.

"Oh no brooke, please come with me" Megan cried. "im so sorry, i didnt mean to take him from you..i was..stupid..im sorry" She wailed.

"Its fine, you can't change that..we just have to make you better, okay?" I said

"Okay..and Brooke?"

"Yeahh"

"I've always been jelous of you, i should've never have hurt you like that"

-End of flashback-

Once Megan had got better, we became best friends. She had flashbacks of the night it happened, and i was still going through major depression, but we got eachother through it. And now we were the best of friends. 

"ooo, 6-pack alert" Megan whispered, as we both turned our heads to see 4 tall boys making there way across the beach. Just because i didnt want a relationship, doesn't mean i can't cheak guys out right?

"Ohhh Meg, better get in there, he has dimples, looks like your sorta guy haha" I said, pointing at a brown haired boy.

"Oh shut-up he's way out of my leage"

"pfftt yeahh righttt" I said just as the boys looked at us.They smiled and walked over. 

"hey, were doing a gig tonight and the old hall, if you're intrested here's the details" One boy said handing us a small flyer. He had a really thick australian accent

"Oh right, maybe we'll come by, you from Australia by any chance?" Megan said

"Yeahhh, we just moved here to promote our band! Im Michael by the way!" He said, and pointed at his other band members. "Thats Luke, Ashton and Calum" He said as they all smiled and waved.

"Im Megan and thats Brooke!" Megan said, and waved back.

"Well nice to meet you, maybe we'll see you tonight?" Michael asked.

"Yeah i'm sure we'll come by, right brooke?" Meg said looking at me

"umm..yeah!" 

"Cool, well see ya!" Luke said, as they moved on to hand the flyers out to more people. 

"Hey, what was there band called" I asked

"5 seconds of summer, what a cool name right?" Meg replied

"Hmm, yeahh, so we going tonight?"

"Yeahh, looks fun, plus they're really fitt"

"Mehh, i suppose so!" I said, giggling. And we made our way back to the car to get ready for tonight.

A/N: So chapter 1! 5sos have made an apperance whaooo! Hope you like xx