Chapter 2: A real confronation?

Chapter 2: A real confrontation?

                                    Reiss

"Reiss?" Hanna's voice startled me. Yeah right, I was calling her. I think I spaced out again while waiting for her to pick up.

"Hanna. H-hey." Damn it, Reiss. Get a grip. You can't stutter. Hanna will sense it.

"How's your day?" she asked casually. It seems like she wants to talk to someone about something important so she's starting a conversation buildup. Oh Hanna, I know that technique all too well.

"Yeah, well I'm fine. I'm doing good. You?" I tried asking coolly.

"Great. I'm nothing but great."

"You're in a good mood." I noticed the way her voice rose. She's excited for something. And I'm about to find out. "How come?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm just happy to have such great friends."

I stopped dead on my tracks. Good friends? What kind of good friends?  "Y-yeah. Right?" I managed to answer.

"Right. Those kind of friends that won't leave you alone. Those kind of friends who won't hurt you by saying something you'd rather not know and you know, more corny stuff." She laughed.

I didn't laugh at all. Those kind of friends who won't hurt you by saying something you'd rather not know.

Shit. I gulped hard. Shit. Is it just me or does that line seem to make me feel strange?

"Yeah. Good friends." I said in a small voice.

"You still didn't tell me why you called." she reminded me.

Crapuck ('crap' and 'fuck')! This is hucking it.

"It's just that I need to tell you something." Shamn. ('Shit' and 'Damn') I felt beads of sweat on my forehead.

"Okay. Do you want me to come over?"

"No. That won't be necessary." I don't want to see your face falling after I tell you what my subconscious is bugging me to say. It will break my heart.

"Okay. I'm all ears."

"Well Hanna..." I swallowed down the anxiety clogging my throat. "I think t-that you sh-should know t-that," I paused. Cramn('crap' + 'damn'). I don't think I can do this. Telling her is comparable to a suicide attempt. A death wish.

"Reiss...is everything okay?" she asked. She must've noticed the quiver in my voice.

NO! Everything's not okay! Just so you know, your boyfriend was up last night putting his tongue in another girl's mouth who happens to be Paige Carnell. Who happens to be your best friend in the entire world. Yes, it's true and I'm not lying. I saw them last night. I was supposed to return Paige's Teen Vogue magazines until I saw them. And yes! I know it's hard. I know you feel like shit and I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for telling you. I just thought you deserved to know because God knows you're a good person and you don't deserve this.  I'm so sorry. And you have no idea how difficult this is for me, how being in this position is making me slowly lose my sanity. Believe me, I don't feel comfortable telling you this because I think that Paige should be the one telling you. But Chrissake's, I didn't know what  to do. Telling you seems like the only option. And shit,  you're not the the who's hurting. I mean, knowing that your best friend is dating your childhood crush is enough to make you want to stop breathing, how much more can knowing that  not just one but both of your best friends are fucking him?  What? You didn't know? Well, okay I'll let you know. I've always liked Harper  Kennedy.

"Yes. I'm fine." I choked out. "You know what? I'll tell you tomorrow. I forgot what I was gonna say." I fake-laughed. That's horseshit. I didn't forget, I just didn't have the guts to spit those words out.

"You bitch. You got me excited for a second there." She said and laughed.

"Yeah. I have to go now. I need to eat. I haven't eaten yet." I lied. This conversation has got to stop.

"Yeah, yeah, sure,sure." She cheeriously said in a singsong voice.

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up. That was not a confrontation. That was a parody of a confrontation. I'm sorry subconscious but I can't do it. I feel like I'm not supposed to be the one telling her. But I also feel bad for Hanna. Harper is her boyfriend and she's the girlfriend. She's supposed to know his whereabouts and whatnots, it only seems fair. But yeah sure, they might have only been dating for 5 weeks but she's still the girlfriend. It doesn't change the fact. I acknowledge it even though I want to lock myself in my room and pretend to be dead because I've discovered that all this time my childhood crush's crush is my childhood best friend. And I should be happy for them right? Hell, I should be celebrating and chugging down a litter of coke. But I can't because I don't want to. Because what I feel for Harper is still there. And maybe...maybe, just a little maybe...I'm secretly hoping that he'll end up with me like I've always wanted. Can you blame me? I still feel something even when I try to force myself not to. I can't choked down the flutters in my heart whenever I think about him.

And Paige? Oh God, Paige Carnell! What the bang where you thinking? Oh gosh. I can't believe Paige can do something like this. But I won't judge her based on what I saw. I need to hear her side so that it seems fair to her.

And you know what sucks?

Tomorrow. Another day. Another excuse to see them and remind me of why I don't want to see them in the first place.

A/N: So hello. Hello. So yeah. That's it. Uhm I'll update when I get the chance so you don't have to worry about that. Anyways, hoped you didn't hate it because I'm literally kicking myself for being too boring and dull. I'm sorry that this isn't the funniest story in the entire universe. But I'll try to be a comedianne and make you laugh once in a little while.

Have a nice day, tata.

Peace and Peanut butter,
Honey

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

FOLLOW