Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

***Bella's POV***

"Vanessa!" I yell as I run after her.

She turns to me, and her now mainly golden eyes burn into my black.

That was ironic. Gold is so pure, like Vanessa, and with my thoughts, I deserved to represented by something as sinister as the deepest black.

"What Bells?" She asked coldly.

"Vanessa..." I begin. I have no idea how to voice my thoughts. Vanessa grabs my hand.

"SERIOUSLY?!" She splutters. "SERIOUSLY?!"

"Well, it's gonna happen one day, so why not get it over with?" I ask sheepishly.

Vanessa's face falls. "You're right, Bella, of course. But what about Edward?"

I start to cry tearlessly again. "I don't know Vanessa!" I wail. "I think we should go to the Vultori first thing in the morning, I'll book our flights, the moment we get home."

"I'll miss you Bella," Ness says to me, a small smile on her face.

"Do you want to stay?" I ask as we run home. Ness doesn't answer until we're sitting down in the kitchen.

"I think we owe it to the Cullen's to say goodbye," She whispers, her voice cracking on their name.

I cry even heavier. "I can't," I whisper, "He'll ask me to stay, and I'm afraid I will. It will be too painful."

Ness nods, and says, "I understand," Handing me my laptop, she continues, "If you book my flight I'll be there a couple hours after you."

I nod, and run to my room. Carefully, I rip my drawing of Edward out of my sketch book, pull my favourite posh fountain pen from my desk, and begin to write.

'Dear Edward...' I write.

When the letter's finished, I pick up one of Ness's posh envelopes from her desk, write Edward Cullen's name on it, place the letter inside and seal it.

"Ness, give this to him, please," I ask. She glances at the letter, nods once, and takes it from me.

"I booked the flights," She told me, smiling.

"Thanks," I say quietly. "When are they?"

"Yours is in three hours, and mine is in seven," She answered.

I laugh nervously, "I guess I better go now then," I say. It would take a while to get to the airport.

Ness begins to cry again, "Right. I'll miss you Bella, forever."

I whimper slightly. My world was being ripped apart. "I'll miss you too, always."

We hug, crying. Then I glance at the clock, and realise my flight is in two hours. "Goodbye Vanessa Swan," I whisper.

"Goodbye Isabella Swan," She laughes lightly as I grab my bag with my phone and my purse, as well as all the other things I need to get into Italy.

Then I walk out the front door, leaving my life behind.

***Edward's POV***

Jasper and Emmett don't come home until the sun comes up. On their hunt, they had met Bella.

"Why was she so upset?" I asked, reading their minds. They both shrugged.

"She wouldn't say," Jasper says simply. Emmett nods in agreement.

We hear a knock on the door, and Esme goes to answer it. Vanessa walks in, and like when Bella and I hadn't come home, she stood in the middle of the room and waited for Esme to sit down.

"Bella and I are leaving," She states after a minute.

"Why?!" Alice asks, startled.

Vanessa shrugged, and I wished I could read her mind. "We have our own reasons, but we owe it to you to say goodbye."

"Where's Bella?" I ask suddenly.

Her mostly golden, sympathy ridden eyes, burn into mine. "I'm so sorry Edward," She says quietly. No. No. Whatever it is don't say it. "But Bella already left."