• Chapter 24 •

Melody had been trying to get herself down the stairs for about ten minutes.

Because of her sudden exit, she didn't really know if she could confront Benedict. Ask for his help.

On the other hand, Benedict had slid his hands down his face, coping with his feelings.

He had to face it, he loved her. Always has and always will. No point in denying it. Benedict knew that, however, kissing her earlier would have been inappropriate. The state she was in, would have just added more weight on her shoulders.

After a few shivery breaths, he straightened himself, dusting his clothes and he made his way out of the room.

After closing the door, his eyes had seen Melody in his view first. Naturally, seeing her struggle had made him pine for her even more.

Benedict quickly rushed towards Melody and grabbed her arm. She let out a gasp, but it faded once she realised who it was.

"I... I'm fine... seriously..." Benedict shook his head, ignoring her response.

"No, no. I'm... helping... that's it..." He reached her arm over his neck, slowly helping her get to the next step. And the next... And the next... Till finally, they reached the bottom. "There you go!" Melody released her arm from his neck, dropping them beside her waist.

"Thanks Ben..." Benedict simpered, dropping his head for a moment. Both if their eyes came into contact, each of them staring.

"N-no... problem... Mels..." Extremely awkward moment button has been pressed.

"Yeh... I was..."

"You were?"

"Yes... I mean, if you..." Benedict combed his fingers through his smooth hair, which stayed in the position he wanted it to.

"Well... I think..." He edged closer towards her, reaching for her hands, but Melody wanted to keep them to herself at that moment.

She thought all of this, was in her imagination.

"I... think, Mels..." Benedict had noticed how reaching for her hands to comfort her wasn't working. "I... want to... I think I'll cook?" Melody nodded her head slowly.

How she knew Benedict was an amazing cook. When Benedict had come over for that Christmas dinner, Melody didn't regret his help.

"Y-yes... That would be lovely, thanks Ben." Benedict simpered, and whilst he passed her, he placed a peck on her forehead. Melody had closed her eyes, cherishing that moment of love.

She slowly opened them, quickly grabbing his attention.

"Ben." Instantly, he face her.

"Yeh?"

"Thank you... for, you know, bringing me here. It means a lot." He smirked at Melody, who smiled back at him.

"It is a pleasure. Being here for you, is always a pleasure, Mels." Melody dropped her head and immediately thought about her feelings. Before she could confront him, Benedict was already present in the kitchen and had took out various ingredients.

Melody rubbed her baby bump and oh, how she wished that her Mother was here.

She strolled into the kitchen and Benedict was busy cutting up some vegetables.

"Hey, Mels. I'm making your favourite. Pasta." Melody moved next to Benedict and her fingers wrapped around his.

"L-let... me..." Their eyes met. "I... know I shouldn't but I want to." Benedict unwrapped his fingers from the knife, Melody's still around his. He took hold of her fingers and delicately put them on the handle of the knife.

She smiled at him and Benedict stood behind her, helping her chop.

"Now, Mels..." His voice sent shivers down her spine as he rested his chin in her shoulder. "I... Personally, like them this size." He slid the knife down into a carrot, the size rather chunky.

"I... I know, you do..."

"Hm?"

"Remember..." Melody tilted her head back. "When... we used to cook in our old flat? When we had our little trip?"

"Mhm..."

"And... you would always complain when I cut them wrong, but I didn't care because-"

"I'd eat them anyway..." Benedict and Melody chuckled.

"Oh Mels... I wish, we could turn back time..." Melody dropped her head.

"Me too..."

"Rewind that moment we danced together at that party and how we'd tease the bullies at school..." Melody dropped her knife and turned around, her baby bump brushing on Benedict's shirt.

"I know... How much we have wished it... Really... I've missed you..." Benedict leaned himself onto the counter and arched his arms in the edge, turning to face Melody.

"Me too..."

"Look, I know that Mother really shipped us... But... What she said... it's all in the past, right?" Melody narrowed her eyes, hoping that Benedict would share his feelings with her.

"O-of course..." Benedict cleared his throat. Clearly, he was lying. "Mels... I..." He twirled himself around and placed his hand behind Melody.

And that was a big mistake.