Chapter 4: Unforgettable Moments

One night at Ariana's part-time job, while she was placing empty cardboard boxes outside, she felt hands go over her eyes. "Guess who?"

"Ichthys?!"

"We have a winner!" He took his hands off her eyes, greeting her with wide grin. "So this is where you work?"

"Yes. It's only temporary though. But what are you doing here?"

"Since it's my day off today, I wanted to spend it hanging out with you."

"Well... I am close to finishing up here so you can just wait a few, alright?"

"I can just wait out here. It won't take that long, am I right?"

"Yeah. Just wait here, I'll be right back." After taking care of some business, she went back outside to meet with Ichthys. "See? That wasn't long at all."

"Then let's go!"

"Where do you want to go?" Ichthys scooped her up in his arms and started to fly upwards.She screamed as he was flying and looked down, making herself scream even more. "Go back down! Please!"

"But you'll miss everything!"

"What?"

"Look." They were surrounded by the stars covering the night sky, almost like the stars were putting on a show just for the two of them. Fascinated but still scared for her life, her grip tightened around him. "Keep this up and I won't be able to let you go."

That comment made her slightly blush. "Sorry. I'm just a little scared..."

"You don't need to be scared. I want to show you this. Don't look away." With that, he snapped his fingers and stars started to pour down from the sky. "You like it?"

The scenery caught her off guard that she blocked out what Ichthys said. "So pretty..." After the shooting stars stopped, the constellations began to reveal themselves. "Look at that!" The first constellation that caught her attention was the Pisces constellation, the one she saw on the night Ichthys saved her. "You know, that's my favorite one right there."

He gave her a small smile. "You like mine, huh?" She looked at his face from an angle which made her heart race. 'He looks so mature right now...' Without thinking, she reached out to touch the tips of his hair, the beautiful brown and blue ombre hair that is always tied up. 'It's soft...'

"Um... Ariana?"

Realizing what she was doing, she quickly took her hand away. "S-Sorry!" 'Oh my gosh I was caught up in the moment! Great! Now he thinks I'm weird!' Instead of him being 'weirded out', he let out a laugh. "What's so funny?"

"You are! You're just... So cute!"

Naturally, she blushed. 'Cute..? Me? Is he blind?' At the same time, Ichthys flew down to the surface, gently putting her down. "Thank you."

"No problem! If you ever want to see the stars up close, just let me know!"

"Sure!" It was nice of Ichthys to show her an amazing view of the stars, but that bothered her a little bit also. Why did he suddenly wanted to do that? Was it to forget about the other day? Speaking of the other day, she remembered that Dui told her that whenever Ichthys uses his healing powers, his life decreases. Maybe that's why he did what he did, to make her not think about it, but it failed. "Um... Ichthys?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"...Is it true that you have healing powers?"

His usual smile turned into a defeated look. "Did Dui tell you?"