TWO

***

Nothing much happened during lunch and Elle was grateful that Jake decided to leave her alone as she indulged peacefully in the heavenly food called blueberry muffin.  Same goes with most of the afternoon classes wherein Jake wasn't her classmate, thank God, and Elle was planning to just ignore him during the remaining classes that she have with him.  Keith still hasn't talked to her since what happened this morning, and it was pretty obvious that Keith had no plans of doing so.  She actually transferred to a seat far from Elle, and didn't even glance towards her direction for once. Should Elle approach her and make up with her, or maybe she should just let her be?  Knowing Keith and assuming that she was really pissed off at her, Elle decided to not talk to her today.  She wasn't really in the mood for another confrontation, and it would probably be better to let Keith cool her head for now.

On the other hand, as far as consequences allowed, Jake managed to occupy the seat that Keith abandoned which was unfortunately right beside Elle.  Thinking back, she almost doubted the coincidence of him sitting beside her in all the classes they had together.  It was the last subject for the day and though Elle was trying her best to focus on the lecture, Jake just kept on pestering her every time the professor wasn't looking. Jake reached out and played with her hair just in time that the professor finished writing on the board. At the exact moment that she swatted Jake's hand away, the professor turned to face the class.

"Miss Summers, Mr. Cameron. I haven't heard that you're dating now," Mr. Johnson said, pointing his stick towards their general direction as he adjusted his thick-rimmed glasses.

"Uhmm, we're not dating sir," Elle replied defensively. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks and she was forced to look down to the unsuspecting floor.

"Not yet, that is," Jake piped in, making Elle furrow her eyebrows in annoyance.

"Well, I don't really care if you're dating or not, but if you're going to flirt with each other, don't do it in my class," Mr. Johnson said bluntly, and continued his lesson.  Elle grunted as Jake let out a low chuckle. Seriously, Elle, of all the things you would be reprimanded for, it was flirting?

Thankfully, the lecture came to an end, and the dismissal bell was finally heard throughout the building.  Elle had known better to give Keith her personal space, then she would talk to her tomorrow.  She was trying hard not to slouch from the weight of her books so she hurriedly exited the room as soon as the professor left.  Before going home, Elle headed to the lockers to visit hers and to unload the unwanted weight from her bag.  She could hear hushed voices and giggling, and as she turned the corner, Elle was surprised to see where the voices were coming from.  A group of students were standing by her locker, all of them were looking at a clueless Elle.  She actually planned to turn around and run away from the commotion, but she was unfortunately frozen in place due to shock.  Elle blinked her eyes a couple of times to make sure she wasn't imagining things.

"What's going on?" Elle asked one of the bystanders, trying to avoid the creepy gazes of everyone.

"You are Ellaine Summers, aren't you?" the guy in braces asked.  Elle nodded, still in the midst of confusion about what was happening. "Well, someone put a bouquet of flowers inside your locker, and somebody have seen Cameron doing it," he stated matter-of-factly.

"Cameron? As in Jake Cameron? Why would he do that?" Elle still asked, dumbfounded, though she knew for a fact that Jake was just playing around.

"No, not Jake Cameron, but Cameron Dallas," Braces Guy chuckled lightly, then stopped when he saw Elle glaring at him. "Apparently, yeah, Jake did that but I don't know why. I just told you what I've heard over the commotion," he shrugged, and walked away.

Elle practically had no choice but to walk towards the crowd and into her locker, and so that was what she did.  True to what the other student told her, different colors of petals were sticking out, and as she opened the door, the girls were suddenly squealing and the boys were cheering for you know who.  Annoyed, Elle took out the flowers and turned around to face the arrogant prince.

"Elle," Jake called out with his adorable smile.  Elle cringed at the mere mention of my name.  She never knew saying her name could sound so good, or was it just the current situation affecting her thoughts?

"Jake," Elle called back, rolling her eyes at him. She was firmly resolved not to lose on this, especially when it was Jake she was standing up against.

More and more students were starting to gather around them, filling the hallway in the process. Gossip mongers, she thought to myself.  Again, Elle spotted those bimbos from lunch, and she felt like insulting them more so she decided to play along.

"Well Jake, thanks for the flowers, I love them. But can we talk somewhere else? Only the two of us," Elle flashed him her brightest smile, teeth and all.  She was just planning to escape from all the attention everyone was giving her.  She mentally crossed her fingers, hoping that her non-existent charm would work on him.

"Hmm, I would love to, but no.  Sorry, princess," Jake smiled back, winking at Elle. Great. This idiot, she thought, just doing whatever he wanted with whoever he wanted to.  How could he be so uncooperative? 

Elle smiled innocently as she silently planned how to get back at him, all inside her head.

*********************
A very short chapter, I know. XD 

Anyway, tell me what you think.  Do you hate Jake now for being a jerk? Do you feel bad for Elle, she obviously don't like all the attention. Or maybe, Did you think that Jake was being so adorable and sweet? :)

Continue reading, and don't forget to Vote and leave a comment :)

This chapter is dedicated to my awesome friends:
Krys1023
kurdistan99
LesbianLovMinaj
lilankiewicz94
love5442
lovehater2
lucky_lucy_dragneel
MagicInHarrysPants
MalloryTodd
manishmanohar
Maria221100
maricha-kotlechkova
Marshall_-_Lee
mavi070
Meamea217
meganlparker
melihasjsjsj
mercixox
MissMLWaiter
munchkin140
music_upside_down
Mustachiopistachio17
my_nialler13
Mythical101
mythicsym
NAMEKATY
narimemaden
Nashy-nash
Newt1214
NicholasDomingo

Check out their profiles :)