I want a refund

An extra long update because @1lisamurray is writing and planning to update soon and that's really all I wanted :D 

Awkward couldn't even begin to describe the situation. I sat on the couch that not fifteen minutes ago had I been peacefully asleep on. Only now I was sitting down while two of my three soul mates stood in front of me with identical, yet somehow different expressions. Luke and his long blonde hair was staring off into space more than he was looking at me, even if he was looking in my general direction.

North, his brother which I had only found out a few minutes ago when I'd realized my tattoo had yet again changed, had more muscles, dark hair, and what could only be described as a very grumpy expression. I wanted to do something to make his confused scowl changed into a smile, as I imagined the difference in expression would make him seem a little less scary. North stood similar to Luke, but instead of propping his hands on his hips, he had his arms crossed which made his biceps bulge under his black t shirt. He wasn't looking off into space, but he wasn't looking at my face either. His attention was riveted on the tattoo on my inner wrist.

I half wanted to ruin his focus and flip my wrist over so he couldn't see it anymore, but I didn't want the silence to be broken. Not yet anyways. The silence so far had been a blessing in disguise. Sure it was insanely uncomfortable and left me to wonder just what the hell was so wrong with me that I needed punished like this, but it also gave me the air to breath. We hadn't pointed out the obvious, and I was thankful for it. I didn't have the answers, and I was floundered as to how I'd mated to three guys who knew each other really well, all in one day.

I glanced down at my tattoo. It made me want to throw something. This, all of it, the idea of a soul mate had been my escape for so long but now I was being forced to get out of one bad situation into something that on some levels seemed cruel. I knew I'd never want to go back to my step mother but I also knew this was definitely not what I had wanted, or dreamed. I flipped my wrist over so I wouldn't have to look at the mark anymore, and let out a sigh.

"I brought you some gloves," the voice from the phone, North, said.

I looked up, startled at the sudden sound only to find the dark haired stranger holding out a pair of black gloves with four punk zig zag stripes in them. I wasn't sure what to do, and I really wasn't sure my voice would go above a whisper so I didn't bother opening my mouth. I felt pretty stupid after that because it left me to just stare at him, and his offering of gloves, which I wasn't even sure why he had bought me gloves in the first place.

Did he plan to give his soul mate, whoever he thought she was, a pair of gloves as a gift? I wondered to myself while still not outwardly moving to accept the gloves. North looked uncomfortable then, and when he started to lower his hand Luke snatched the gloves out of his grasp and tore the tag off. He walked off towards the kitchen while North and I both watched in stunned silence. When Luke came back in he was the same, sans the garbage, and he didn't stop until he'd knelt down right in front of me.

"Look, we don't blame you for what's going on," his voice was gentle as he grabbed the hand without the tattoo and slipped the first glove over it, "we're just as confused, maybe a little more than you are. For us you're it. The mating tattoo's can't be removed and the watches can't restart," he paused to glance at my other wrist before continuing his actions, "or I mean they usually don't. We should call Owen and tell him what's been going on. I've known him for a long time and I know he wouldn't ever blame you for this.

"In fact he probably already knows something is messed up and is just waiting for a phone call. He's smart like that. Plus, if I were him and I had to go away from you for a few days I'd be looking at my tattoo every five seconds to remind myself you were real," he paused to wink at me before going over to the other gloves and grabbing my other hand. His thumb brushed over my tattoo, once, twice, three times. He shook his head a little, and put on the other glove.