Loki's Rainy Day

Somewhere in a dark alley in a far corner of New York, behind two empty warehouses in one of the worst neighbourhoods of the city, a dark figure was curled up on the floor.
Rain was pouring down relentlessly on the shivering form.

The pale skinned male watched with dull green eyes as a young woman walked past. She carefully stepped closer, and when the raven haired male didn't move, the girl quickly ran to the nearby dumpster and searched for something useful.
Of course, nothing was to be found. Not in this area.

The girl sniffed and wrapped her thin arms around her own chest. She suddenly stepped back, terrified, as the male figure stood up and walked towards her.
He quickly raised his thin hands, trying to show he meant no harm.

There, in that dark and stinking alley, the man took off his thin jacket, and carefully handed it to the girl. She accepted with shaking hands, quickly wrapping it around her shoulders to protect her soaked body from the rain.
"There is some bread in the right pocket." The male whispered softly, as to not scare the girl.

The girl her eyes widened, she grabbed the bread, looked at it in wonder... And then ran off.

The man couldn't blame her. It was a mere matter of survival.

The former god of mischief slumped back in his corner, hunched in on himself, dressed in only a pair of tattered pants and a torn shirt. He had given his shoes away ages ago. And now his final thing to give, the jacket, was in better hands as well.

He would have to get back to the richer part of the city to gather some more supplies, to hand out here, where people needed them more.
The dumpsters in the centre of the city had good clothing, warm things. To help people through the winter.
It was also more difficult to come, since he could not afford getting caught.

A sigh escaped the once prince, and tired green eyes closed.
Loki fell asleep while rain poured down upon his aching body.

-))(•)((-

Up at the highest floor of Stark tower, people were yelling.
A lot.

"What do you mean he escaped?!"
"How can you not know where he is??! Aren't you suppose to have some clever gate keeper?!"
"What the fuck Thor! He should be rotting in a cell, not walking around freely!!"

The god of thunder was simply waiting for his friends to stop yelling. Yes, they were friends now. After all, it had been more than a year since the invasion, and they had worked together many times since then. By the nine, they even lived together in Stark tower.

Finally, when the team realised Thor wasn't answering them, they quieted down.
It was only then that the prince of Asgard spoke up.
"My friends, allow me to explain, please. We have discussed this before, and I know it is hard for you to believe, but my brother is innocent." Before hell could break loose again, Thor raised a hand and glared. "Let me finish!" He said in his thundering voice, before calmly continuing as if nothing had happened. "We have found a lot of evidence pointing to one conclusion, Loki was under the control of the mind gem during his invasion. As our friend Clint was. Though the good eye of hawk was only controlled for a matter of days, while my brother was controlled for years. During his trial, it was found his mind and body had been broken by Thanos. Leaving him an empty shell to control. Only when the mighty green beast shook his mind, was he freed from the grasp." Thor concluded and sighed, suddenly looking like the ancient creature he was. "Father believes my brother escaped out of fear of being punished for something he did not do. They do not know where he currently is, but the Allfather has sent out people to search all over the nine realms. I am simply begging you... Do not kill my brother when you see him. He is innocent..."