Chapter Four: First bloody bite

Dracula told me that the man who created the monster was named Dr.
Frankenstein and what we had was Frankenstein's monster. He was large and full of stitches.

"Now all we need is a storm" I said.

Dracula thought then answered, "There is a storm in two nights I believe"

"How can you tell?" I asked.

"Just a hunch" He shrugged and smiled.

I gave a little smile back and looked away from him, out the window. Black clouds could be seen in the distance. I couldn't help but feel close to him. It was strange to think I had ever met Dracula before but it felt that way. I was lost in my thought when I heard a mumble from behind me.

"Excuse me?" I asked Dracula.

"I asked how you knew that the monster could still be used even though he was dead?"

"Oh," I turned to him, "Well when I was younger there was a woman named Maria who came and taught me to read and write. Most of the books she taught me with were science books."

"You were very lonely there, weren't you?" He asked.

At first I didn't know what he was talking about until I realized he was talking about the orphanage.

"Oh" I said as memories flooded back to me, I spoke sadly, "Yes. I was. I spent the days that Maria wasn't there, reading or sitting in the window sill, watching the village people, wondering what it was like to be outside"

Dracula looked at me a bit sadly but then he came closer to me and he said, "Well now you're free"

He looked into my eyes and we stared at each other for a moment. Again, feelings of recognition fell over me. His eyes were so familiar it drove me crazy just thinking about where I knew him from.

I had never been this close to another person other than the woman who worked at the orphan, Miss Marge, Miss Kraal and Miss Opal and Maria. So it was so strange for me to feel like I knew this man.

Suddenly, I heard someone coming up the stairs, Dracula and I broke our stare to see a short, ugly, monster looking man trying to catch his breath at the top of the stairs.

"Igor" Dracula said slightly angered, "what?"

The short man finally caught breathed and answered, "Valken Valerious, sir"

I looked at Dracula and he looked back at me. Igor went quickly down the stairs, Dracula and I followed.

As we descended the spiral stairs, I followed behind Dracula.

"Who's Valken Valerious?" I asked.

"A werewolf and brother of Anna Valerious," Dracula answered, moving quicker down the stairs, "Both my distant relatives"

"Oh" I whispered softly.

We made it down to the next level of the castle, where Verona and Aleera stood looking on either side of Valken Valerious who was strapped to a table that was pulled down, like he was standing.

"Verona! Aleera! Come away from such a terrible creature!" Dracula yelled, stopping a few metres before Valken who was struggling in his restraints.

Verona and Aleera did as they were told and came to either side of Dracula, blocking my view of Valken.

"We found him mopping around the forest" Aleera explained.

"Wishing for his dear sister" Verona added.

Dracula hugged his brides to his side and breathed deeply before speaking.

"Well there is no use for you now" Dracula announced.

His brides looked up at him confused.

"What do you mean, my love?" Aleera asked.

"My darling Tayanna has figured out a better way to bring our children to life. We have no use for this man anymore"

Igor walked over to a large on the wall and was about to pull it to electrocute Valken but Dracula stopped him.

"Tayanna," He said, "Would you like to say goodbye to Mr Valerious here?"

I didn't really know what he meant but I knew he wanted me to kill Valken. I didn't know if I was ready for such a thing as that but Verona let go of Dracula, opening a path for me to walk to see Valken.

I stepped forward, Verona leaned over into my ear and whispered loudly, "Go for the neck, dearie"

I looked up at her and nodded without changing my straight expression.

I lurked towards Valken, who was starstruck at the fact that Dracula had a young girl. He looked like he wanted to plead to me for help but no words could escape him.

Igor ran over and placed a chair directly in front of Valken, he then held out his hand to help me stand on the chair and I then stared into Valken's small brown eyes.

"No please. Help me please. No" He pleaded softly.

I stared at him calmly for a moment, examining his features then drawing my mouth open and growing long vampire fangs and jabbing them into Valken's throat. I teared into his flesh, ripping open the gash and sucking the sweet red liquid out of his vains. My insides became warm and tingly, the more I drank the warmer I got, until nothing more came and Valken stopped struggling.

I pulled away from him, his blood dripping from my chin but dress remained stainless but Valken was covered in his down blood, his head lay low and he was dead, drained completely of blood.

I stepped down off the chair, not taking my eyes off of Valken as Aleera and Verona came to my shoulders, Verona handing me a handkerchief. I took it and wiped Valken's red blood off my chin with the white cloth.

"Very good my darling" Aleera said.

"She's perfect" Verona added.

"She is" Dracula agreeing and coming up behind me, "my little vampire girl"

He smiled and I smiled back. Igor tipped the table with Valken on it back to sit horizontally, unstrapped Valken and tipped the table so far back that Valken's motionless body fell through a hole in the middle of the room. I heard his body hit the side of the castle as it fell and listened to him fall before he hit the ground.

We left, down the stairs another level. I could see the sun peaking through the clouds off in the distance.

Aleera and Verona seemed to float up and laid back into their coffins. A glass like cover came across the top of their bodies, sealing them inside.

Dracula held his hand out to me and I took it. He twirled me like we were in a dance, then pulled me close to him. My head laid on his chest and there was no heart beat I could hear.

I realized then that we were gliding across the floor without making a sound. As we slowly drifted, Dracula brushed his hand over my hair as I drifted to sleep. The last thing I saw was us touching a section in the wall and a black glazing covered us into darkness.