Chapter 29

The ride home was silent, but not the same kind of silence. It was more of a depressed silence. Rain began to fall and I watched as it sprinkled the pavement. As I continued to watch the ground become wet, I noticed we weren't going in the right direction.
"Where are we going?" I mumble.
"Mall. Mom gave me money to get you new clothes."
"I don't want to" I respond.
"You don't have a choice." He says.
"There seems to be alot of that going on" I reply in a snarky tone. "How much did she give you?" I ask after a guilty silence.
"400" he said. My jaw dropped. All for clothes? "I mean, you dont have anything except a pair of jeans" he adds. I knew he was right. I sat back in the seat and rubbed my temples. This is gonna be a long journey. I think to myself.
***
We arrived at the mall, and I was astonished at how big it was. I didnt know where to start. I'll need the basics: bras, underwear, jeans, shoes, and shirts. I begin coming up with my game plan to quicken our misery here. He didn't want to be here and I didn't want to be with him.
"Let's go to Victoria Secret first okay?" I ask. He nods in confirmation and we begin walking faster. I flustered as we entered the store, seeing all the bras and panties brought me back to the old days when I planned out my bras and panties to match for him. I shook the memory out of my head and began looking. The associate helped me pick out a bra that would give me the most support and comfort, and I searched through the section to find at least 3.
"This would look good on you" he suggested, standing as close as he could behind me. For some reason the image of me standing in bra in front of him excited me, but I tried not to feel anything. I shook my head no.
"I don't like it" I said, stepping away from him. I picked out another, and added "I like this one".
We paid for the bras and panties and walked out of the store.
"So what's next baby girl" he asks.
"H&M" i reply without tone, ignoring the last part. He leads me to the store and I start looking through the clothes. It didn't take long before I had shirts and pants, so I started looking through the winter clothes. There was tons of sweaters and scarves, and it was starting to get cold so i picked almost everything.
"Almost done?" He laughed sarcastically.
"Trying to be" I said back. His laughing ceased and i continued looking through the boots and socks. After deciding on everything, we checked out and went into the converse store. After getting some black converse and maroon converse, we counted the money that was left. $75. I knew I'd spend it at Forever 21.
"Last stop" he said, putting his hand on my lower back. I let it slide for now; I was kind of enjoying it after how lonely I felt the past few days.
His arm slowly moved lower and next thing I knew it was in my back pocket. Excitement rushed through me and I remembered exactly why i thought he was worth it before.
Throughout Forever 21 he walked with his hands around my waist. Why am I letting him do this? I wonder to myself, but never made an effort to get him to stop.
We checked out of Forever 21 as soon as the money was spent and we found ourselves walking around outside the mall, hand in hand. He was laughing and joking and I was as well. He gently pushed me against the wall and pushed his lips onto mine. Just as I was about to push him off of me he let go. As he pulled away from me, his eyes looked into mine. I was at a loss for words. Millions of thoughts rushed through my head and in the moment i ran. Where did we park? I searched frantically for the jeep, running up and down the isles until I found it. I desperately pulled on the handle to no avail. Of course it was locked. I tried not to cry, as the blood rushed through my head I began getting dizzy. Suddenly the car clicked and I pulled on the handle. It opened and I quickly jumped in before placing my head between my knees.
Oh god. Oh god. What do I do? I can't. Nate. Nate Maloley. He's my only. Oh god. That happened. I kissed him. He kissed me. What do I do?