Chapter Fourteen

It's been about a week since Pearl and Doug announced that we would be fighting the Dark Forest pack. Since then it's been non stop training. Everyday all day was training and their was hardly ever any time for fun anymore. Dylas and me had spoken to the alphas and they had agreed to let me keep my ears out but I had to still train so if needed i could switch them out with ease.

"Okay Iris, I want you try and knock me over." Dylas instructed me, braking me from my thoughts. We were doing battle training right now. I partnered with Dylas for it. I sized up Dylas, looking for the best place to run at to knock him over. So far I haven't been able to knock him over, I run at him hard aiming for his stomach. Right before I slam into him I feel myself being lifted up and before I know it I'm lying on the ground with Dylas standing over me. Dammit he flipped me again. "You really aren't good at fighting are you. You have a lot to learn." I narrow my eyes at him. I've been trying my best for the last week but unlike him and the rest of the pack, battle training wasn't a usual thing for me. Dylas holds out his hand to me, I take this chance to get the better of him. I grab his hand but instead of standing up I pull him towards me, pulling my leg up I kick him hard in the stomach and push upwards, flipping onto his back.

"I'm trying my best." I growl at him. He stands up and rubs the back of his head.

"I'll give you strategy, you've got that." Strategy, that's it. I need to plan out my moves better then just looking for the most open place to hit him.

"Alright let me try again." Dylas nods and gets into position. This time i watch his movements. I start by looking for the best place to attack. I notice that he noticed where I looked. This time I run at his stomach but keep by eyes on his movements. When he reaches out to grab me I dodge sideways and aim for his legs instead of his stomach. I crash into his legs making them crumple he crashes to the ground and I dodge out of the way before he can grab me and take me down with him.

"Yes! Finally!" I shout and fist pump the air. While I'm distracted Dylas stands and leaps at me, I quickly dodge and then snort at him. "Oh please Dylas I know not to let my guard down." Dylas rolls his eyes and motions to me to get back into position.

"Come on let's try something else."

~~~

In the dark forest pack territory

A man knocked on a large white door.

"Come in." A female voice called from inside the office. The man opened the door and walked into the office towards the woman. "Ah, Thomas, have you news from the White Valley pack ?"

"Yes Alpha, it seems they have decided to fight us." Thomas informed the red haired woman. "They are training every day to fight but I wouldn't worry our numbers are larger then theirs."

"Good, good, I didn't think they'd give up their territory so easily. No matter we will crush them into dust for their stupidity."  The woman said examining her red painted nails.

"There is one thing I am worried about though." Thomas spoke up again.

"What is that Thomas?"

"Well they have a polar bear shifter you see, and if she keeps training she could be very difficult to take down." The woman rounded on Thomas, her eyes blazes with anger.

"Why didn't you inform me of this before Thomas, a polar bear shifter? Do you realize how big her polar bear must be? Huge, they're already big enough as normal polar bears." Thomas dipped his head to the woman in apology.