007.

Caius meets Olivia for the first time a couple weeks later at a Sunday brunch held by the Sinclair's.

Something bitter twists in his stomach when he sees her, a pale arm elegantly intertwined with Park's, draped in some gorgeous lilac coloured gown coming to rest just above her knees.

Cai hates her.

She's absolutely stunning, long platinum blonde hair curled to perfection and flowing freely down her back, flawless porcelain skin, piercing green eyes.

There's also the fact that it's obvious Park's parents love her. Cai spots Mrs. Sinclair, a short woman with a severe bob fawning over the girl, Mr. Sinclair even going so far as to offer her a hug.

Cai will never have that. All he has is his jealousy, which is rising by the second.

They look perfect together, you'd ever guess that they weren't actually a couple -- in fact for a moment Cai doubts what Park told him, considers the possibility that he had just said that, that Olivia really was his girlfriend and Cai was nothing more than a warm body to occupy him when he was bored. But then Park caught his eye and smiled at him and yeah. Park wanted him, not Olivia.

He's somehow convinced Quinn Ridell to come as his date, and she's gorgeous as well, of course. The deep burgundy dress she's wearing contrasts beautifully with her dark skin, hazel eyes looking kindly in Cai's direction.

But she's not his date, he'd only asked her if she wanted to come because he knew most of her friends were in Morocco for the summer, and he didn't want her to feel lonely. She's a nice girl, if Caius were at all interested in being with women he'd probably ask her out. She's laid-back, managing to look relaxed and casual despite the fact that they're dressed up and at a ritzy party. Caius admires that, wishes he could be more like Quinn.

The pair are standing somewhat awkwardly together when Quinn spots Olivia, emitting an excited squeal. What was with girls and high pitched noises? Caius resisted the urge to cover his ears.

"That's Olivia! You didn't tell me she was coming, Caius. Let's go say hi, c'mon!" She was dragging Caius over to Olivia and Park before he could protest, her perfectly manicured nails digging into his blazer. Caius hadn't been aware that Quinn and Olivia knew each other -- he wasn't prepared for the awkward situation that was bound to transpire from this.

Park takes a swig of his drink as they approach, the mischievous glint in his eye matching the smirk on his red lips. Cai wants to kiss him and wipe that smug look right off his face, but of course he keeps his hands to himself, folding them neatly in front of himself.

"Quinn! I didn't know you were coming to this, do you know Parker?" Olivia smiles brightly, displaying her annoyingly perfect teeth while making a gesture to Park.

"I don't think we've met, actually." Quinn replies, smiling politely at Park. "Nice to meet you, Parker. Cool name, by the way."

He chuckles. "Thanks. It's just Park, though." 

"Ooh, even cooler!" This makes even Cai giggle, causing 3 sets of eyes to focus on him.

"Do you guys know Caius? He's the one who dragged me to this party. It was more of a pity invite than anything, bless his soul." She pats his arm, eliciting another laugh from Park -- which makes Cai break out in a grin.

"We've met." Is all he says, grin fading back into his signature smirk.

Cai fights back a smile of his own, letting his eyes rest on Park for a long moment before finally dragging his gaze away.

It's just then that he notices Olivia fixing him with an icy stare, which is quite confusing considering they've never met before. In fact she doesn't even bother to speak to him, emerald eyes going back to focus on Quinn. Cai resists the urge to frown, what was her problem? He had a reason to dislike her, considering the fact that her lithe fingers were currently attached to his boyfriend's arm, but it wasn't like she knew about him and Park -- so what the hell was her issue with him?