Twisted Secrets

Zach had called off the Runners for a week now. He said it was the series of storms causing the ground to be unsafe to run on. It was weird no one had heard much from him and weather hadn't ever stopped him before.

Taygen's POV

I walked out to the map room looking for him, no on had seen him since breakfast. I heard a loud crack and ran to find out the cause. What I found was another shack, bigger than the map room, in the woods. It was more precise in every way, the roof was carved from wooden planks, it was insulated with mud, and had a real functioning door (I say real, but I mean as real as you could get. OK, what I really mean is it had a handle, and a lock).

I walked inside to see Zach working at a small table. I steped on a branch and he looked up. You could tell something wasn't right. He seemed upset, like something had happened, but I couldn't tell what. Papers were flung across the table, making an ungodly mess. He sat in a chair writing away in incoherent scrawl. Papers were tacked to the wall like a crime scene investigator may have when analyzing a solution, all the while solving the crime. He mumbled something under his breath as he crumpled up another paper. He stood up turned around walked over to some stairs in the back, and walked up them, all without saying a thing.

I followed him slowly and saw him fall over onto a hammock. I walked down the stairs slowly. The piles on the floor of crumpled paper were almost organized, one of thousands of calculations, and another with what seemed to be poems.

What was wrong with him? This perfect two level shack, covered with papers and him? I bent down and grabbed a stray paper, and read what I could.

How? How? HOW?! This...this monstrosity just appeared! How the hell does a two story shack just appear? I know Michael didn't build it and no one comes out here, so how?

I gaped at the paper. Zach may truly be going insane. I backed away slowly, and turned around to climb there stairs when Zach spoke up,

"So..you've found my shangri-la, Taygen."

"You look like hell," I said mockingly.

"I feel like it. Do you want to see something weird?"

"Sure?!"

He walked over to a corner under the stairs and opened a door I haddnt noticed.

"It's amazing, its lit up by mirrors."He said as he walked down the stairs.

There were supply to last for along time. There were weapon racks, cabinets and two couches facing each other. Michael came out of one of the back rooms, surprised to see Taygen.

"Oh, um, Hi Taygen, shit," He mubled.

'What's under the table cloth on that table," Taygen said pointing to a table between the couches.

"Heh, about that..."

I pushed him our of the way and walked over to the table. Michael jumped in front of me and said,

"You really don't want to see that."

"Michael," I yelled, "move."

Trough the reflection in his eyes I say Zach face lose all life. I removed the cloth and found a stick 3D map, and a code. I turned and saw Zach grab his head.

He yelled some 9 digit code and ran up the stairs. Michael told me that Zach had spent 20 hours a day, for the entire week working on that code.

"He won't tell me what it means, or how he found it. He just says it when ever he sees the maze. It's driving him insane. What he will tell me is that this is it, the whole maze. That that's all there is," Michael said. I stared at the maze, calculations and analyzations working it's way through my head.