14

"In the end, you didn't remember. You remembered other things, just not me...damn it, this is just horrible. For you to believe me so easily when I said I was Kamukura...this really is just horrible. Does my existence barely mean anything to you?"

"...Huh? Eh? W-What?"

I didn't know what to say. An intense chill assaulted my spine, and my teeth began to chatter like a drum.

"A-A-Are you really...M-Matsuda-kun...?"

"The real Izuru Kamukura has been taken from here long time ago. That means you and I are the only ones left...almost as if someone planned this all out."

That impossible string of thought that floated in my head took the form of a concrete truth. I desperately opened up Ryouko Otonashi's Notebook and flipped through the pages in a frenzy, searching for anything that would deny this impossible truth.

Then, after a while, my hands stopped.

In the Notebook were an amazing amount of portraits detailing Matsuda-kun. Looking up and confirming the individual in front of me one more time, the scattered puzzle pieces in my thoughts immediately were placed back together.

"B-But why...? How come I'm not-"

The heartbeat in my chest, the rise of emotions-

"...I know. You're not feeling anything."

Ironically, those words proved that he was Matsuda-kun.

After all, the only other person who knew my method in recognizing Matsuda-kun was, Matuda-kun himself.

"That's because you're beginning to remember things again. Because you've began to regain your memory...you've stopped thinking about me."

"...Eh?"

"In the end, that shows how my existence wasn't anything special to you. But, you forgot about that fact...that's why you were filled with such emotion towards me."

Matsuda-kun isn't important to me?

Because I forgot that, I thought he was important to me?

"W-What are you talking about...I don't get it..."

Then that intense itching entered my brain again.

I remembered. The things I would have said to Matsuda-kun when meeting him, the things I would have done when meeting him, why I wanted to even meet him so bad in the first place. I remembered the reasons for everything.

"W-What is this...why..."

Suddenly, I wasn't able to believe anything.

Not Matsuda-kun, not myself,

Not even the world.

I spontaneously began stepping back. But, those legs immediately began to stop. Behind me stood a wall blocking my way, so I just stopped and stood there.

Matsuda-kun began taking steps as if pursuing me, impatiently moving forward.

"M-Matsuda-kun? What's wrong...?"

I cried out with a voice tinged with terror.

He responded with a pale face.

Tension building to the point where it could take my breath away, filled with fear I spoke that name.

"C-Could it be...Junko Enoshima's fault?"

He stopped in his tracks and stared at me with a piercing glare.

"...Ah, that must it be it."

That sharp glare felt as if it pierced my entire body.

These are Matsuda-kun's eyes?