A New Life (Chap. 3) (a witch love story)

~~~Katheren's P.O.V.~~~

The rest of the day was uneventful and mildly embarrassing. The only class that I made a complete fool of myself was gym, being as uncoordinated as I am. I had made a few new friends, mostly girls. I had three classes total with Daren and lunch. We talked mostly about the school and places to hang out in the city, nothing to personal though.

"So how was your first day?" he asked as we headed out of our last class, English.

"Um, horrible," I teased him, "No one would talk to me except some creepy guy that kept following me." I pretend shuddered.

Daren laughed, "So I am following you now?"

"Hey, I never mention any names, but yes." We both laughed.

"Well do you want me to beat this guy up if he doesn't leave you alone?"

"No, I think I can handle him, he doesn't look so tough..."

"Oh, I don't look tough and I am creepy?"

"Sounds about right," I laughed at his attempt to look hurt.

He stopped me when I headed in the opposite way to my aunts car. "Hey do you think that we can meet up later?" he asked innocently.

I stopped and turned to face him, this was unexpected. "Um, sure, when and where?"

"How about tonight? At eight-ish?"

"I'll ask my aunt, where are we going?"

He smiled, "It's a surprise."

"Okay," I gave him my number then started to leave again. "Oh," I gasped and whirled around to face him. "I forgot to thank you for the tour today, uh, thanks."

"Any time, see you at eight," then he turned and headed for his car. Wow, I thought, he was a sophomore and he had a car?

"Hey hon.," my aunt said as I got into her car, "How was it, not too bad?"

"It was great, Aunt Lynn, I made a few new friends."

"That's great," she said jubilantly, "so no one gave you a hard time?"

"Nope," I said, relieved, I knew she would have made a big deal out of it if someone had. "Oh, I almost forgot, could I hang out with someone tonight, at eight?"

"Sure, where are you going?"

"Um, not sure, he never said."

"He?"