00;

intro

+

while being impervious to the windy weather patterns surrounding her, she makes her way down the cracked sidewalk carelessly. the pavement sends soft scuffs onto the bottom of her boots through her strides, her sandy brown hair shimmying against her back. her footsteps quicken as she crosses the road through the evening traffic in the city that never sleeps. behind the city skyline, an array of blues and yellows mold together like brushstrokes painted on a watercolor canvas. it wouldn't be long until the darkness creeps in with the temperature plummeting fewer and fewer degrees by the second. the coat and scarf her mother left for her daughter on the dining room chair would've come in handy on a night like tonight, if again, she wasn't impervious to the cold.

cold was in her veins, laced through her system like ecstasy. it shot through her like a drug and found her beating heart long ago. she didn't mind, it made it all the more of an ease to live life without a jacket.

she let out a huff, the breath colliding with the air in a haze as the tall apartment building on the outer skirts of the city comes into view. she walks up the very few steps to the two large doors, and Clyde, the doorman shivers before holding the metal enclosure open to her. the wrinkles around his smile indent further into his cheeks as he tips his hat to her and mumbles a greeting. he's clearly got the signature look of confusion plastered on his face as his eyes wander over her tan arms, uncovered and goose-bump free. she finds that she doesn't mind that either. she was never one to push away attention, with positive or negative intention.

in a matter of time and fifteen floors later, she finds herself knocking on the door marked 15b. the sound of footsteps scamper across the black-tile floors behind the wooden partition until it swings open to reveal a disheveled looking boy. his hair is ruffled slightly from what she knew was caused from repeatedly running his hand through it, his torso shirtless, and loose-fitting sweatpants adorn to his hips. his eyebrows furrow slightly, but his demeanor lightens just seeing her, "what a nice surprise," he grins, "i thought you weren't coming by until morning."

she shrugs, brushing past him into the large apartment she had come to love and grow sick of. it wasn't the posh style it oozed or the spotless modern furniture the maid came to clean every tuesday and friday. it was something about the way it felt, or smelled, like it was rotten, spoiled.

one last look and she was ready to throw it away.

"listen," she turns swiftly to see that he's followed her into the living room, his eyes shining happily when she looks at up him,

"we need to talk."