Prologue

"Harry Styles?"  The voice of the nurse called into my hospital room.
I nodded  and went to take my daily medicine.
    When my girlfriend Maddie suddenly disappeared last year, my whole world turned upside down . She was the energy,light,and happiness of my life. I spiraled into a deep depression.  Yesterday,I was brought into this rehab facility  because my parents  felt deeply concerned about me.
    After sipping my medicine down with a plastic cup of water, I headed back to my room, where I spent much of my time.  For the first time I took in a clear view of my surroundings; which included a wooden dresser, closet, bathroom , bookshelf , and the bed I was sitting on at the moment. When I glanced at the wall next to my bed , however, I noticed something that I didn't see before.Writing.
     It said in shaky purple crayon:
" Whoever finds this, whoever you may be , I want to tell you my story. Why? Maybe I can teach you a lesson? Give you hope? Or even scare and worry you? Who knows? That is up to you to find out and interpret . Hidden around this hospital are different letters hidden in different places . If you want to find them , go ahead . If you don't want to, then whatever. Each letter may or may not be more difficult to find than the next.
Your first hidden place:
This will be easy . In the bookshelf, you will notice a clear knob. Open it up and you will find a letter. "

My thoughts began to race. Is this person real?
Who is it? What is going on ?Am I just going crazy?
After careful thinking , I decided to give it a chance.
I walked over to the bookshelf and sure enough, there was a clear knob that opened up to reveal a letter. The question was: What was I about to get myself into?