1

"Courtney you are going!" My mother shouted at me from across the room.

I blew a strand of my hair out of my face and walked into the kitchen. "No I am not! You can't make me!"

My mother walked into the kitchen after me, a very unpleasant look on her face. She crossed her arms over her chest and gently placed a hand on my right shoulder, "Courtney," she began, "Mr Vasel said things like this will look good on your college application. And you also gain a little bonding time with Clara." She explained.

I rolled my eyes, "yeah, with Clara and a bunch of her friends!"

She sighed. "Come on Court, when do you ever get opportunities like this? Ive noticed you and/or sister have been very distant lately and this could really help! You won't be alone, Ms Spencers will be there too," she added.

I made the best puppy dog face I could make before speaking again, "Why can't you go? Or better yet, let Ms Spencers take them alone!" I started to yell.

My mother pushed some blonde hairs behind her ears before shooting me a mean glare. "Patricia needs help with 3 kids! Your going. Thats final." and with that, she walked out the kitchen.

And so here I am, in Los angeles and waiting for Ms Spencers to show up with our rented car. I glance at the 3 seventh grade girls next to me.

"Where is my mom! I need to pee!" Ms Spencers daughter, Maggie complained. I ignored her. I wasn't supposed to be here. I was supposed to be in my bedroom studying for my Science exam!

"GUUUURLS, IM HEEEERE!!" shrieked the familiar and annoying voice of Ms Spencers. The 3 friends got into the back of the car while I got into the passengers seat.

The drive to the Spencers small house here in Los Angeles was short. Ms Spencers announced that I will be staying in the downstairs guest room while the girls would be staying in Maggies room.

I pulled my suitcase to the bedroom and opened the door. I was immediately greeted by the smell of newly painted walls. I dropped my suitcase on the floor and plopped on the bed. This was going to be a long week.

///

"Okay, so, what do you girls want to do first?" Ms Spencers asked as she placed the tray of cookies on the coffee table. I just shrugged while picking at my nails.

"We want to go see Lonely Hearts!" Clara and Maggies other friend, Lola said.

I rolled my eyes. Lonely Hearts was a 4 person band that all the kids and teens and even adults obsessed over these days. There music, to me, was pointless and plain dumb. Most people I know loved them. From their good looks to their music everybody adored them and I never see why. These days, you can't find a single teen who isn't gushing about Gwen Linel's new hair or Coco Main's new puppy or Trent Adams' new guitar or Duncan Nelson's new girlfriend.

"How about lets not." I suggested coldly.

"They just announced like 2 minutes ago that they're having a concert tonight here in Los Angeles! Maybe its not too late to get tickets." Clara announced.

"Ill go order some and Courtney can take you!" Ms Spencers said before she left the room. I wanted to argue but I knew there was no use. I had to go.

"I can finally meet my soulmate, Duncan Nelson!" Maggie stood up from her seat. "NO! HES MINE!" Lola argued. "HES MIIINE!" Clara joined in.

"Girls, stop fighting over some stupid douche. Your giving me a headache!" I yelled causing them to shut up and look at me.

"Have you even seen him?!" Clara defended.

"No." I replied.

Maggie got out her phone and thrust it towards me. I looked at the picture she was showing me. He did look good. He had messy black hair (a/n: duncan doesn't have a hawk in this story hehe) he had teal eyes and piercings covered his place face. He was hot. But I would never admit that to my 13 year old sister and her friends.

"He looks like he just got out of the trash." I lied. (a/n i cANT BAHAHAH) that caused them all to gasp.

"Are you BLIND?!" Lola yelled. I just shrugged in answer.

"Ok girls, it's settled! Tomorrow afternoon you will all be heading to the concert with Courtney." Ms Spencers' walked into the room.

I groaned and slumped in my seat. I am not looking forward to tonight.

--

So that was chapter 1! this story will all be in Courtney's POV so you'll never know what Duncan's thinking ;)

I know I've been shoving new stories down your throat lately but please make this an accretion because I have big plans for this story.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Next chapter will be soon. You guys can follow me to be notified when I update this story :))))

Ok that's basically it. Thank you guys for reading! Bye!

- Tessa